Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305?

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305?
Watch out for 2305 transmission case failure. Sucks.
I have both 2305 and 2320. I thought the 1026 is over priced even with the auto connect deck. 2305 takes 5minutes max to install the deck ,2320 about two minutes. The worst part is attaching the pto shaft. Go jd and don't look back is my opinion. Why have you not checked out kubota?

The Kubota dealer is kind of a lazy old dealership. They used to have JD and Kubota and they were really competitive but lately the whole place is losing ground. Everytime I go up there I get the impression they don't want to be bothered unless you're going to sit down in the negotiating office first. Anyway...I will drive them before the final decision but if it comes down to a few hundred bucks between orange and green I'm probably going green...great dealer 10 minutes form the house. I'm getting a quote on monday from the local JD guys.

As much as I want to support the locals if they come with MSRP - 5% I'm heading across the state line to get a better deal and avoid the taxes. Hate to do it but it might mount to a couple grand in the end.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #12  
I'll support local also but they MUST be competitive. Its a small world now with the internet. Customers can check prices hundreds of miles, make for an educated customer.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #13  
go with the 1026 unless you want the 2305 with garbage case failure and expensive repairs

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #14  
I looked at 2305 when I needed something small and reliable around here. Went with a 2320 and am very glad I did. It mows my 3.5 acre lawn good. I like the drive on mower deck. It doesnt mark up the grass even with fluid in the rear tires. I stalled it with the tiller this summer, my understanding is that if that had been a 2305 that would be bad news and could have cost me $5000 + or -. But the 2320 just started up and carried on after I cleaned the tiller (I never should have let it get so plugged up). All and all I am pleased with it so far and the girlfriend finds it very easy to use and just loves it. If I had to do it again maybe I would have gone with a 2520. Finding the right size to fit your own needs is the hard part. To big can be just as bad as to small.
Oh and my understanding is that the 2305 three point hitch is very inferior to the 2320. Hope this helps.
Trevor

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #15  
As much as I want to support the locals if they come with MSRP - 5% I'm heading across the state line to get a better deal and avoid the taxes. Hate to do it but it might mount to a couple grand in the end.

Is it possible to avoid the taxes or does your state have a use tax where you have to pay the tax anyway? Sometimes a dealer won't charge tax on the sales agreement but you are still supposed to pay in your respective state, either called sales tax or a use tax. Don't plan on getting a great deal then buy the thing and then find out you have to pay tax on it anyway after the fact and then you come out worse.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #16  
Is it possible to avoid the taxes or does your state have a use tax where you have to pay the tax anyway? Sometimes a dealer won't charge tax on the sales agreement but you are still supposed to pay in your respective state, either called sales tax or a use tax. Don't plan on getting a great deal then buy the thing and then find out you have to pay tax on it anyway after the fact and then you come out worse.

Yep. Here in S.E. Michigan where a lot of business is done across the state line, if you buy across the border in Ohio, or vice versa, on any large item like a tractor they will charge the appropriate tax based on your state of residence.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #17  
The Kubota dealer is kind of a lazy old dealership. They used to have JD and Kubota and they were really competitive but lately the whole place is losing ground. Everytime I go up there I get the impression they don't want to be bothered unless you're going to sit down in the negotiating office first. Anyway...I will drive them before the final decision but if it comes down to a few hundred bucks between orange and green I'm probably going green...great dealer 10 minutes form the house. I'm getting a quote on monday from the local JD guys.

Kubota is coming out with the BX70 series sometime this fall.

It's my understanding that the tax relationship between the states varies. I'd have to check but I know an individual that went to Arkansas to save the taxes on a ZTR. I'd rather buy from local but so far they are roughly at JD recommended selling price which is not going to happen. Trying to ease into a decent deal with them so I have a friendly dealer to work with.

/ Lots of choices...decision time. 1026R or used 2305? #19  
It's my understanding that the tax relationship between the states varies. I'd have to check but I know an individual that went to Arkansas to save the taxes on a ZTR. I'd rather buy from local but so far they are roughly at JD recommended selling price which is not going to happen. Trying to ease into a decent deal with them so I have a friendly dealer to work with.

I checked with a out of state dealer, he told me that I would charge me VA sales taxes since they were delivering it to VA.

I've gotten a quote from the dealer in Indiana...no sales tax and delivered to my state. I've been around state tax laws and I honestly don't think everyone who sells product knows exactly what the cross state responsibilities are and they probably vary depending on what states are involved. I'd certainly check before I pulled the trigger on anything.