Love my Pallet Forks

/ Love my Pallet Forks #21  
Just wait till an 18 wheeler shows up on your road with a big bulky heavy delivery - nice - don't need a Loading dock.

Yup. More than once I've met a tractor trailer at the corner of my road. Unloaded my item with the forks and proceeded down the street to the house with them.

/ Love my Pallet Forks #22  
I leave the engine running and lock the loader valve.

/ Love my Pallet Forks #23  
Do you leave the engine running while you are up there or turn it off? Does it make a difference with respect to the risk of a sudden hydrolic failure causing the FEL to crash down. I am new to tractors and have wondered how safe it is to use the bucket instead of a ladder. Of course the tractor manufacturer tells you that hydrolic can fail at any time, but how often does this happen in reality and in a fashion that the FEL comes crashing down?

The possibility of a hydraulic failure is a good point. When I bought my first loader the dealer warned me to never work under it. It came with a chunk of deep channel steel that you placed on the raised loader lift cylinder to mechanically stop the loader from falling. I wish Kioti supplied such a device.

My view is similar to wmonroe's--one needs to weigh the risks of using the loader vs a ladder and choose the safer option for the job at hand.

/ Love my Pallet Forks #24  
The possibility of a hydraulic failure is a good point. When I bought my first loader the dealer warned me to never work under it. It came with a chunk of deep channel steel that you placed on the raised loader lift cylinder to mechanically stop the loader from falling. I wish Kioti supplied such a device. My view is similar to wmonroe's--one needs to weigh the risks of using the loader vs a ladder and choose the safer option for the job at hand.

I never even thought about a piece of steel channel. It would be easy to make and whoever is helping me could put it in place once I'm up in the loader. Good idea!

/ Love my Pallet Forks #25  
Risks of me falling off a work platform held my FEL/forks loader vs. some teeter-totter extension ladder, hmmmm, decisions, decisions..........

NOT!

/ Love my Pallet Forks #26  
Risks of me falling off a work platform held my FEL/forks loader vs. some teeter-totter extension ladder, hmmmm, decisions, decisions..........

NOT!

If it is a one time job, rent a scaffold.

Pictures-of--Scaffold-Mobile-Aluminium.jpg

If you can use it later for storage, check craigslist for used pallet rack. Use it for a scaffold, then storage.

lynx-rack.jpg

/ Love my Pallet Forks #27  
Have a set of Titan 48" x 4000lb. clamp-on forks and stabilizer bar for sale in the TBN Private Party Adds at a great price.

Bought them for our Kubota B2710 which we sold back in November. Used only twice so essentially brand new. We are in Texas.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet