Oil & Fuel Low fuel lamp on BX1500

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500 #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
My BX1500 has a low fuel lamp instead of a proper gauge. Today it fell apart as I was wiping the dashboard. I was wondering if I could replace the lamp with a fuel gauge from a BX1800. I think it will fit the dash opening OK but will it hook up to the existing wiring? I'm thinking the sending unit will be different for a gauge than a lamp. Any thoughts?

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm thinking the sending unit will be different for a gauge)</font>

Me thinks you are correct, the light would only have a switch as opposed to a true variable sending unit. When you say "fell apart", do you mean the plastic cover came off ???? If so it is just glued on in a few spots. I put mine back in a year ago and it is still in place.

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500
That's what happened Kevin. I superglued it back on. That thing has bugged me ever since I got the machine. I would like a real gauge instead of an idiot light. I wonder if the tank shape and size is different on the 1500 and maybe there is no room for a variable sending unit.

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500 #4  
I like a fuel guage myself but it is so easy to open the cap and look that it does not concern me. I also fill the tank frequently so my fuel light rarely comes on and when it does I have a gallon of fuel left which will run the bx1500 quite a while. I have never owned a tractor with a fuel guage so I guess I do not miss it much. On the farm we filled em up at lunch and dinner, never ran out of fuel !!

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500 #5  
The fuel gage on the bx2200 I have doesn't seem to be that great actually.

I have seen it floating all over the place occasionally. So I don't trust it much. I just keep the tank full. I'm lucky I have another tractor, and that one has the fuel inlet on the top of the hood, so what I have started doing is topping off the bx tank first, as it makes it easier to lift the fuel can up and to start it in the larger tractor without spilling that way... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Low fuel lamp on BX1500
Henro you have a positive solution for everything. I just drive to the gas station about a minute down the road. I'ts so close I don't even need to keep a can of diesel around.

As far as the gauge goes, if yours is not that accurate I guess I'll just live with the warning lamp.

Dean