Low Hour Oil Change

/ Low Hour Oil Change #11  
Changed it on my 1st tractor @ 13 hours. Don't know why. Nuts; I guess. Don't really see why tractor manufacturers specify a 50 hour change for the engine oil/filter. Think absolutely no new cars do this. Normal oil changes from the beginning.

Ralph

/ Low Hour Oil Change #12  
If there was break in oil, it wouldn't be a secret, they would say that in the book.

Change to synthetic now, later, or never. It's all good.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #13  
Someone posted on here and don't know who, but they said in a nutshell that break-in oil has different properties to make it less slippery so the rings get seated better. That is why leaving it in is important.

Just do what the owners manual says but if the oil has to stay in a little longer that what is comfortable to you it shouldn't be a big deal.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #14  
In general, annual engine oil changes are pretty common, regardless of hours. Maybe the oil starts to break down over time once it has been exposed to heat/contaminates.

I personally have never had any issues dumping the factory oil out early. I've also never heard of rings not seating on new engines. Years ago, maybe.

/ Low Hour Oil Change
Maybe I should dump the factory oil and put in fresh new break in oil. Then dump that at 50 hours and go with Rotella.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #16  
How many here have had an oil related engine failure?

/ Low Hour Oil Change #17  
Maybe I should dump the factory oil and put in fresh new break in oil. Then dump that at 50 hours and go with Rotella.
Whatever you feel comfortable with.
Personally I would just run the factory oil a while longer then switch to the Rotella.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #18  
Just relax, and enjoy your tractor.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #19  
I think people get to nervous about this stuff. Personally I have had my tractor less than a year and it has 100hrs. Im going to change the oil for the first time next week. Hydraulic Oil will be changed as well. I see no reason to change the oil so soon. I will do it once a year for good measure.

/ Low Hour Oil Change #20  
On a new tractor or any engine do it early as per manual . These engines are freshly machined and scuffing off the rough edges . Same with hydraulic and trans systems . After that relax .