Low hours...can you beat this?

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

I'm trading in my RFM, but since my brush hog has not come in yet, I decided to put the rfm on and mow one more time...probably put the fifth hour of use on the thing...anyway, I saw my neighbor using his rototiller and cut a little of his property where it joins mine...

He came down and we turned off our tractors and talked for a while without getting off, sort of like Bird used to do back when he was in that squad car and the guy from the next county came by... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neighbor's tractor is an International 454, something like 38 pto hp...bought in 1972...he has 4.5 acres...makes my Kubota b2910 look like a kitten rather than the tiger it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Somehow we get on the topic of tractor hours. I have a bit over 200 in my first year. He looks down and says, "In another 80 hours I'll have 1,000 on mine..."

Whoa! Tractor is 31 years old and only has 920 honest,, actual hours on it?

Can you beat that? I can't even imagine it, but it is true... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #3  
I have a '52 8N with 1350 hours on it, all original.

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #4  
Very interesting. I've got 80 hours on my B2910 after 3 years. So by my calculations, I should be at 920 hours in another 31.5 years. (I hope I'm around to see it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Anyway, the fact that he has almost 7 times more acreage than I have I guess might tip the scales in his favor.

Gee...it's nice to have some company in the "low hour club". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just out of curiousity, is your neighbor a member of TBN? If not...sign him up!!!

~Rick

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #5  
I'm the same way, Rick. My John Deere 4200 is either a 2000 or 2001 model and it only has something over 100 hours on it.

I just noticed it's time to replace the battery and the one I'm replacing is probably the original as it has the John Deere logo and a sticker stating "2000" right on the side. I don't know if that means it's a 2000 model tractor or not, though. I know the car and truck makers have model years that don't at all correspond to calander years but have no idea if tractor makers do the same thing or not.

At this point it hardly matters. It's paid for and I like it so I don't really care what model year it is. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #6  
Slowrev,
When I was a boy, my Father bought a IH 444 (year ?) I can still picture it's yellow sims cab (open) We used it for working the gardens and mostly for haying. I can remember raking and tedding the hay well after dark, cause this tractor had Lights and it was just the Coolest thing for a growing boy to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Do you have or can you send me any pictures off your 444? I'd love to have a visual reminder of my childhood

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #7  
Tractor usage slows down after a few years unless you are into farming or some work that requires you to use the tractor. Normally, new tractor owners buy their tractors to work around their house. Once that work is done then it is just maintain what you have done which doesn't take as much time. We put about 350 hours on our tractors each year combined. The TN is in the 400's and is a 2000 model. But we also have the 1920 now, the MF 135, Ferguson TO-30, Ford 4500 TLB, JD M and a few others that are more for fun then work. The 2 fergusons are at our other farm while the Ford/NH's are at our main farm. Nice thing about keeping the hours down is it helps with resale if you ever decide to trade in.

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #8  
I bought a '76 Mitsubishi with less than 500 hours on it 3 years ago, by the end of this summer it'll have 650. I guess I'm using it more than the Japanese farmer did.

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #9  
I believe I have all of you beat in hrs. I bought my 3010 Kubota one year ago this month and have 620 hrs on it. Once I get my property cleaned up which will be pretty soon I will slow it down. I believe I have enough seat time for one year. I need a break.

/ Low hours...can you beat this? #10  
i got my M4900 a year ago, i have 14 hours on it.
heehaw