Low Medium High sub gear

/ Low Medium High sub gear #1  

Makers_Mark

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
I seem to have a hard time switching the sub-gears on my 2810. It's just not a smooth change. Is this normal?

/ Low Medium High sub gear #2  
The only time I have a problem moving the sub gear is when Im moving.If Im sitting still i have no problems.

/ Low Medium High sub gear #3  
The sub gear is not syncro. It should change with no problem while stationary. You are not supposed to try and shift it while moving. Only the four speed syncro shifts while in motion. If it gives a problem standing still, try differend combinations. IE: clutch in or out, motor running or not, to see if there's ANY combination that works. If not, I'd get in touch with the dealer, in fact, I'd get in touch with him anyway to see what the problem is.
Pacesetter

/ Low Medium High sub gear #4  
Makers_Mark
That's pretty good bouron. But back to the problem at hand. It is not an uncomon problem. In many cases while standing still if you push range lever up against the gear (range)you want to go into and slowly start letting out the clutch it will usually pop right in.
Good luck
Chipperman

/ Low Medium High sub gear
<font color="blue"> Chipperman </font>
You're only the second person to quess my name was a bourbon - and a very good one. I'm sure others realize but haven't commented.

Ok. I will try different combinations. It seems to pop in if I jiggle it or move the tractor, but it's not as smooth as I thought it should be. Maybe I expect to much. Thank you.

/ Low Medium High sub gear #6  
Me thinks you guys are talking about what is known as the range lever. If so then,yes it is likely not synchroed,and should not be shifted while in motion. If your problem is happening while stopped,try putting the tranny in neutral first before shifting the range lever.