LOW OIL PRESSURE

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE #1  

CONRAD

I have a B6100E with a 48" belly mower. The low oil pressure light comes on after approximately 20 min. of use. Have replaced sender and wiring. Dipstick shows oil at proper level before and after stoping. Revving of engine causes light to go out for a short period of time. HELP!

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE #2  
Conrad,
I think Kubmech should have some information on this. Seems like this has been discussed before. You might try sending him a private message if nobody responds.

18-33477-tibbsig2.JPG

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE #3  
Conrad,

You may want to check the oil pressure with a mechanical guage before you do anything else. They cost about $20 at most auto parts stores.

Some questions:
How many hours are on the machine?
Has it always behaved this way or is something changing?
Have you tried changing the oil to make sure it has the right viscosity/grade?

If the mechanical guage confirms the low oil pressure at idle and that the pressure increases as you rev the engine, you probably need a new oil pump (at least).

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE #4  
Yes thats good advice. First confirm that the pressure is low with a master gauge. If found to be low, it becomes necessary to dismantle the engine to fix it.

Other than the usual low oil pressure fixes of oil pump, relief valve, excessive bearing clearances etc, these tractors have a well known problem with the oil gallery plug falling out of the centre of the camshaft. When the timing case is removed, check to see a plug is fitted to the centre of the camshaft.

If you dont see a plug there, just a small oil hole, the oil pressure is draining away at this point. We have repaired them with plugging the hole with a small dowel(8mm i think)
and tackwelded the dowel in place to ensure it does not fall out again.Not expensive to fix, just the time to dismantle the front & removing the timing case to repair the fault.
The first time we found this problem it took ages to locate the fault. I think you'll find this exact problem posted by others. Just do a search using low oil pressure as key words.
Good luck.

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE #5  
Just for info:
Oil pump unrestricted delivery pressure should be 28 to 64 psi. Relief valve opening pressure is 43 to 50 psi and non adjustable.

Keep the greasy side down.
Mike

/ LOW OIL PRESSURE
The tractor has 1519 hours of use. The problem started afew months back. I changed the oil and filter when i first noticed this problem.