Lower Link bent

/ Lower Link bent
Decided to get a new one. Stopped at the dealer and ordered one. It will be in friday and was only $68. I'll just leave the dirt pile until the weekend. Time to mow, at least I can still do that.

/ Lower Link bent #12  
Jon
From the pic you showed, it looks like the tightening turnbuckle was not attached to that side arm, or did it bend with it hooked up? They are more meant for lifting and pulling, than pushing, but things happen.

If it was hooked up, I would suggest a milder form of use, or it will be another $68. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Lower Link bent #13  
It looks to me like it bent because it was picking up too much weight. If you notice it is also twisted some. That is an indication that it was the weight. The arms are bent so that they have the proper spacing on the tool end for the catagory that they are. This causes a somewhat eccentric load on the arms.

/ Lower Link bent #14  
Jon the guys are asking you how you were using it when the damage occurred not to make fun of how you bent the arm but to learn so that it doesn't happen to them in the future.

I don't think that you have ever said exactly how you were using the scoop but we are assuming that it was being used in the reverse configuration when you noticed that the damage had been done.

/ Lower Link bent #15  
Mine looked just like that from hitting a stump in reverse while pushing dirt.

/ Lower Link bent
I was using it in the reverse position, won't work the other way with the BX2200. I got to the point where I had to hit the pile to one side to knock it down so I could scoop it up. That dirt is kind of wet and heavier than I thought. The tractor was in 4wd and slow/"turtle" speed with the throttle close to full. I'll go a little easier in the future.

/ Lower Link bent #17  
Can't say you didn't have plenty (or at least enough) power. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Was everything hooked up when you found it bent and draggin on one side? ie the turnbuckle and the lower pins?

/ Lower Link bent
Yeah, I had enough power, now I realize it!

Everything was hooked up and tight. The pictures show after we started to take it all apart to get the links out.

/ Lower Link bent #19  
Jon from time to time admittedly I have used our box blade to push or smooth dirt while backing.

But knowing the extra forces that are generated on the 3-point I have always gone slow, didn't hog the blade, and knew beforehand that there weren't any hidden surprises waiting for me to hit.

Still things do happen pretty fast and sometimes without much warning. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif