Lowering bucket to the ground

/ Lowering bucket to the ground #1  

dtabor

Tractor
Kioti CK3520SE HST
OK guys, total tractor newbie here so please be gentle on me. I have a new Kioti 3520SE. Just puttering around the property learning how to use it. When lowering the bucket to the ground, how do I know when to stop it so that it doesnt lift the tractor. The 3 point, you lower and when it hits the ground its done, but the bucket unless I physically stop pushing the control, it lifts up the front of the tractor. Is it just a learning curve, knowing when to stop? I see videos of people dropping the bucket to scoop up something and it looks so smooth, if I tried that, Id get the 6" of soil underneath the pile along with the material I wanted!

/ Lowering bucket to the ground #2  
When you lower loader, push harder, FEL should have a float position. Bucket may have a level indicator on it, if not top of bucket should be parallel to the bottom. Mostly just a learning curve using the bucket.

/ Lowering bucket to the ground #3  
OK guys, total tractor newbie here so please be gentle on me. I have a new Kioti 3520SE. Just puttering around the property learning how to use it. When lowering the bucket to the ground, how do I know when to stop it so that it doesnt lift the tractor.

Practice. You can also look to the right or left of the hood and see some of the bucket.

The 3 point, you lower and when it hits the ground its done, but the bucket unless I physically stop pushing the control, it lifts up the front of the tractor. Is it just a learning curve, knowing when to stop? I see videos of people dropping the bucket to scoop up something and it looks so smooth

If you run equipment as part of your job you get good at it. The rest of us have a learning curve. The good thing is that the early parts of the curve are steep- you'll get better quickly.

When scooping up loose material you do three things at once: drive (gently) into the pile, lift the bucket, and curl it up. The proportions of each change with the material and how its piled. Lifting and curling the bucket at the same time takes some practice.

/ Lowering bucket to the ground #4  
OK guys, total tractor newbie here so please be gentle on me. I have a new Kioti 3520SE. Just puttering around the property learning how to use it. When lowering the bucket to the ground, how do I know when to stop it so that it doesnt lift the tractor. The 3 point, you lower and when it hits the ground it's done, but the bucket unless I physically stop pushing the control, it lifts up the front of the tractor. Is it just a learning curve, knowing when to stop? I see videos of people dropping the bucket to scoop up something and it looks so smooth, if I tried that, Id get the 6" of soil underneath the pile along with the material I wanted!
Welcome to TBN! (y)

When you push the loader joystick control forward, the loader goes down, and keeps going down with force as long as you keep pushing the joystick forward.

The joystick has a detent just past the lower function. Push the joystick forward until you feel resistance in your hand, then push it even further past the detent. You'll feel a definite click. Now you're in float mode.

It will fall with gravity instead of power, and it will float along the terrain if the bucket is not tilted to take a bite, or you back-drag.

/ Lowering bucket to the ground
Thank you all for the replies so far. Makes perfect sense. I know it has float (I dont know why I didnt think of that) and I do have the level indicator. Will take practice which means using the tractor! Perfect!