Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #11  
Yrs ago I installed an adjustable flow control valve similar to photo below on the loader control circuit that controlled the boom on a Kubota M4900. Before installing control valve it was very difficult to lower large rd bales without bouncing rear tires of tractor even when utilizing a counterbalance weight on 3 pt hitch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-16 064942.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-16 064942.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 49
   / Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #12  
CH4, The adjustable type tend to control flow in one direction and allow full flow in the other.
Thanks for the info, again! I've been looking at tractors in a brand that I've not owned before. I'll pay more attention to checking the feel of the loader valve on anything that I look at in the future.

Thanks!

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #13  
Yrs ago I installed an adjustable flow control valve similar to photo below on the loader control circuit that controlled the boom on a Kubota M4900. Before installing control valve it was very difficult to lower large rd bales without bouncing rear tires of tractor even when utilizing a counterbalance weight on 3 pt hitch.
I have one of those on my loader dump circuit to reduce "bucket flop" and two on my backhoe boom so it doesn't jerk the entire tractor around. That valve does not feather well.

The valves all bolted right in with the correct JIC fittings. I can even reach them from the tractor or BH seat. But once set to a reasonable compromise I don't need to adjust them.

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL
Interesting! I didn't realize that it was common to find loaders where you couldn't easily control the rate of descent of a loaded bucket or forks. Seems both dangerous and damaging. I'm often trying to lower an object or a pallet gently without damaging it or the surface (truck bed, trailer, etc.) that it's going down on. I simply couldn't operate with a loader that I couldn't control so I understand the desire to throttle it back somehow. But won't this limit flow in both directions?
My thought it to add a splitter, and then tee it back together. Need to sketch some stuff up first, and make sure it will work like I think. To raise or lower normally, you leave it in normal position. To move at the slower rate, you switch to the splitter, and run through the restricted circuit. Have a turtle-rabbit switch like a bobcat skidsteer, to control the spitter.

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL
Those are what i had in mind. $50/ea at Summit Hydralic.

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #16  
My tractor has a rate of drop for the joystick that is similar to the 3 PH. I haven't adjusted it because I can control it myself.

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #19  
Those are just restrictors. The ones at Summit are check/resistors, and impede flow only in one direction, The Summit ones will let the bucket lift at full volume and then only restrict the drop.
You didn't read the description, did you. :rolleyes:

Designed to provide flow control and shut-off in one flow direction while providing free flow in the opposite direction.

/ Lowering rate restrictor for a FEL #20  
I wouldn't think that controlling the same flow rate in the up direction as the down would be a concern. My reasoning is that a restricting flow rate in the down direction is probably going to be faster than the pump can provide in the up direction anyway. (gravity)
Also, I don't think anyone mentioned valves with internal load checks in any of the above posts. Load checks are designed to prevent free fall.