Comparison LS: Best and Worst

/ LS: Best and Worst #1  

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
Kubota M62, Kubota L3240D HST (SOLD!), Kubota RTV900
Looking to buy a new hydro 4x4 tractor in the 50-60 HP range. LS seems to have the best pricing by a long shot, but my experience is you don't get something for nothing. LS owners out there, what are your best and worst experiences with your tractors?

/ LS: Best and Worst #2  
I wouldnt be afraid of an LS = if they were junk, this place would be full of horror stories and so would the internet - CNH and CIH would also not allow LS to build junk for them either

/ LS: Best and Worst #3  
when i was shopping year ago the loaders of the LS were rated much higher at the pins, but they were very short and stubby, ie low lift heights. that helps inflate the capacities. i don't know if they have changed more recently, but it is something the be aware of

/ LS: Best and Worst #4  
oh and one more thing, the largest HST currently available that i am aware of whether its LS/Mahindra/Kubota/Case IH/NH etc..... they are all around 45ish PTO hp.

this has been discussed in length on here - unless something has changed its hard to find a 50 PTO hp HST tractor yet - im sure someone is working on it - you will have to go to a shuttle or gear trannie to get into more ponies at the PTO

if you need PTO hp just thot i would throw that out there

/ LS: Best and Worst #5  
oh and one more thing, the largest HST currently available that i am aware of whether its LS/Mahindra/Kubota/Case IH/NH etc..... they are all around 45ish PTO hp.

this has been discussed in length on here - unless something has changed its hard to find a 50 PTO hp HST tractor yet - im sure someone is working on it - you will have to go to a shuttle or gear trannie to get into more ponies at the PTO

if you need PTO hp just thot i would throw that out there

MX 5800 is hydro - 58hp engine / 50hp PTO

https://www.kubotausa.com/products/tractors/economy-utility/mx

/ LS: Best and Worst #6  
yup and that is about all you will squeeze out of one currently, i think when i dug deep there were a couple like 52ish cant remeber the manufacturer but i was looking for 60 i dont think i ever found one 55

/ LS: Best and Worst #7  
I think the 'worst' of what I've read here involves engine failures on certain 30 series models. But that seems to happen only in very cold regions and was said to be due to an oil recommendation issue. LS was replacing the engines under warranty though.

/ LS: Best and Worst #8  
The best thing about my g3033 is that it has been virtually problem free since I bought it in 2012.

The worst thing is everybody thinks it is a Ford.
Then again, maybe it’s the crappy parking brake set up.

/ LS: Best and Worst #9  
I really like my LS XR4150. No problems at all. Good tractor for the money.

/ LS: Best and Worst #10  
The worst part of my G3038 is hooking up the 3 pt hitch without telescoping arms. But, I mostly loader work is use the draw bar, so it's not very frequent, and I'm looking at getting a pat's quick hitch to help alleviate the pain.