LS Frame Issue Video

/ LS Frame Issue Video #51  
Just measured the steel thickness in that area on my R3039H purchased last July. 12mm or roughly 15/32".

I throw this out there to see if later models were beefed up at all.

Really bad news Mangus. Hope dealer and LS come through for you.

Bob

/ LS Frame Issue Video #52  
Just measured the steel thickness in that area on my R3039H purchased last July. 12mm or roughly 15/32".

I throw this out there to see if later models were beefed up at all.

Really bad news Mangus. Hope dealer and LS come through for you.

Bob
That seems pretty thick (almost a half inch of metal) Or am I missing something. Apparently not enough for Mangus, since there is a crack there! Ouch.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #53  
So news so far...

Seems there are 2 different frame setups, as well as the added loader bracket as seen in Hutchmans picture. It seems the bracket he pictured is an update for the loader, and the new style frame is different as well.

Dealer is ordering everything needed, including the fan shroud and fan too.

He said it will take a week or so to get the parts. And wont take much more than a day to fix. Bad part is, July 4th is mixed in the middle!

In the end, it seems that LS is well aware that there was a problem, and has made updates to resolve the problem. He said some tractors already have the 'newer' frame. I dont think any of them originally shipped with the updated loader brackets.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering....

/ LS Frame Issue Video #54  
If a dealer has a new R3039 can you tell if it is the new style frame?
How many R3039 have had to have frames repaired or replaced?
Thought I was about to buy a R3039 but now having second thoughts.

Mangus hope LS and your dealer get you repaired soon.

David

/ LS Frame Issue Video #55  
I wouldn't be concerned about buying one. Just ask the dealer about it. Also make sure it has the extra loader brackets pictured above. You should be fine.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #56  
R4041RtFrame.jpgR4041LtFrame.jpgMangus and all,
Here are a couple of closeups of my R4041 frame in the same area of the tractor. Definitely beefier than the original frame of the R3039. Maybe this shouldn't surprise some people as the R3039 is 1200 lbs lighter, and that weight has to come from less metal throughout the tractor......hope this helps. There is definitely more metal in this area of the frame.

Tom

/ LS Frame Issue Video #57  
View attachment 380448View attachment 380447Mangus and all,
Here are a couple of closeups of my R4041 frame in the same area of the tractor. Definitely beefier than the original frame of the R3039. Maybe this shouldn't surprise some people as the R3039 is 1200 lbs lighter, and that weight has to come from less metal throughout the tractor......hope this helps. There is definitely more metal in this area of the frame.

Tom

In the second picture are you missing the front bolt?

/ LS Frame Issue Video #58  
I downloaded the .PDF of the parts manuals of all the R series tractors. The 4041 and 4047 look to have the same subframe and in the area where the cracks appear on the 3039 frame, that same area on the 41/47 is three times thicker.

Edit. I just reread this and I'm not saying the 39 subframe is the same as the 41/47 ... they are way different. Just thought I'd make that more clear.

Last edited:
   / LS Frame Issue Video #59  
The blue plates on mine look like they are just bolted on.
Is the fix -plates bolted on, or do they also weld it? I would think that plates just bolted on can slip a bit. It would be awfully hard to get the tolerance good enough to take out all of the play. That's why I hope it is welded first then reinforced.
I have a TC30 and after I bought it used, I discovered that the ones with backhoes were having breaks in the housing where the backhoe frame was bolted. I was glad I didn't have a backhoe at that point.
The LS 3039 is a fine tractor- I almost bought one before I changed my mind and bought used for much less. If memory serves me, the 3039 has an excellent bucket lifting capacity. I wonder if that worked against them- design flaw in mis-matching FEL and tractor frame?
LS is on the ground floor and most likely will work with their customers to keep them coming through the door to buy. The color is just fine, looks like a New Holland if I squint!

/ LS Frame Issue Video #60  
In the second picture are you missing the front bolt?

Guesseral,
I don't know.....I was wondering the same thing when I took the pics, I have a bag of extra bolts from when the tractor was delivered. I'll dig them out and see if they fit, one would think there should be some in there, but with both missing I'm also thinking maybe the holes serve another purpose.
Tom