LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged...

/ LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged... #1  

B52FXR

Tractor
2014 LS G3033
2014 LS G3033 will not operate in forward position unless I hold it manually by hand. If I am going up a slight incline or pulling in forward range it does ok. Reverse works great. The detent ball falls in place as advertised in F/N/R detents. New Holland dealer thinks the shifting fork is bent a little. Do I have to separate the engine/transmission/rear diff to fix or troubleshoot this defect. It worked great until it went to North or South Carolina for a recall. When I got it back it would sometimes kick out of forward range and has finally gotten to the point of having to hold more and more pressure on the dash shift lever to keep moving forward. I wish I had taken it back to be looked at when I first got it back, but....I didn't. I love this little tractor, but I am getting to where I don't have enough hands and feet to operate this tractor doing anything going forward. I guess I could mount the seat backwards and learn to drive it that way... kinda like the difference between backhoe/excavator settings in our excavators selector lever. Thank you in advance for any kind of help. New Holland said they could fix it for about $2,000 - $2500, but I have a bit of mechanical aptitude and believe I can do it myself with the parts needed to repair my tractor. Did I mention it grinds every time I have to re-engage the lever????? before it goes back into forward range?????

/ LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged... #2  
Yes, you have to split the tractor in order to repair / replace the shift fork. Not a bad job if you have the equipment to split a tractor.....multiple jacks, jack stands, chains, straps, and the hand tools. Definitely time intensive......

If you are going to split the tractor, might want to think about replacing the clutch while your in there.

Do you have a true service repair manual? Could definitely help with the procedure, at least see how hard it would be.

Last edited:
   / LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged...
Yes, you have to split the tractor in order to repair / replace the shift fork. Not a bad job if you have the equipment to split a tractor.....multiple jacks, jack stands, chains, straps, and the hand tools. Definitely time intensive......

If you are going to split the tractor, might want to think about replacing the clutch while your in there.

Do you have a true service repair manual? Could definitely help with the procedure, at least see how hard it would be.
No sir, I don't have any kind of manuals except what came with the tractor when I bought it brand new. I got most of my information from a small tractor shop locally here in Oklahoma. He said Ford New Holland parts will fit this tractor, but I am not sure on much except I want to get it fixed. It has served me well, and I want to keep it up in good shape. Thank you so much for your reply.

/ LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged... #4  
I have a different tractor, but I can send you the service section related to the shifter and clutch for mine. It will give you an idea of what's involved.... PM me your email if you want it.

/ LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged... #5  
Have you looked at your shift lever behind the dash?? I'd start there before splitting the tractor. On my shuttle shift F/N/R lever there's a pin that holds everything together. It gets dislodged sometimes and has even fell out making the shift lever inoperable. I'd look there first.

/ LS G3033 Forward Shuttle won't Stay engaged...
Have you looked at your shift lever behind the dash?? I'd start there before splitting the tractor. On my shuttle shift F/N/R lever there's a pin that holds everything together. It gets dislodged sometimes and has even fell out making the shift lever inoperable. I'd look there first.
Yes sir. I looked at everything including the detent ball and spring. I think the shift fork is bent and I now have some bad gears in the F/N/R shaft. I will try to keep up to date on my progress. I gotta find a place out of this weather here in Oklahoma to work on it. Thank you for your help and knowledge with the shifter.