LS MT 225S

/ LS MT 225S #1  

sugarloafguy

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29DA/14LA Loader and Tc24DA/12LA Loader
Hi,

Anyone seen the new MT 225S up close that replaces the aging XJ units? Pics from National Farm Machinery show look great. I would say they aimed it directly at the Kubota B 2601 which is what Deere should have looked at when they came out with their new downgraded version of the Yanmar-based 2025R.

Brian

/ LS MT 225S #2  
I have not seen one in person, but my dealer had about 2 months ago. He said it was a really big step for LS to compete in that size range. He said it has a lot of upgrade features including a 3 range tranny. He is expecting the first ones any day now. Have you seen the video that LS has on it? Gives a nice walk around, you can see the new drive over mower deck too!

/ LS MT 225S #3  
Just put one on order over weekend it痴 sized like the b2601 but has 1.3 liter Yanmar close to B2650. It does have 3 range Hst which is more desirable than traditional 2 range. Traded NH TC26DA with 400 hours in on it. It痴 about same profile height as the MT225S. Ordered unit with MMM and loader. May regret R4 tires over turf tires. My understanding the mower deck floats unlike the B2650 MMM. Hopefully I have done the right thing since I shopped all models and again LS is price leader for options you are buying. Kioti new CX went up 1000 and TYM 264 way behind on technical advances but is competitive but stripped down. John Deere still expensive. Kubota no trade value to be had. All good tractors mind you but not optioned like I was looking for. Lot of 25 horse power tractor buyers out there. All the dealers I spoke to were moving inventory even in these confusing times.

/ LS MT 225S #4  
Just put one on order over weekend itç—´ sized like the b2601 but has 1.3 liter Yanmar close to B2650. It does have 3 range Hst which is more desirable than traditional 2 range. Traded NH TC26DA with 400 hours in on it. Itç—´ about same profile height as the MT225S. Ordered unit with MMM and loader. May regret R4 tires over turf tires. My understanding the mower deck floats unlike the B2650 MMM. Hopefully I have done the right thing since I shopped all models and again LS is price leader for options you are buying. Kioti new CX went up 1000 and TYM 264 way behind on technical advances but is competitive but stripped down. John Deere still expensive. Kubota no trade value to be had. All good tractors mind you but not optioned like I was looking for. Lot of 25 horse power tractor buyers out there. All the dealers I spoke to were moving inventory even in these confusing times.

Congrats on the new tractor! Make sure to post some pics when you get it! Did the dealer give you an approximate arrival date?

/ LS MT 225S #5  
Just put one on order over weekend itç—´ sized like the b2601 but has 1.3 liter Yanmar close to B2650. It does have 3 range Hst which is more desirable than traditional 2 range. Traded NH TC26DA with 400 hours in on it. Itç—´ about same profile height as the MT225S. Ordered unit with MMM and loader. May regret R4 tires over turf tires. My understanding the mower deck floats unlike the B2650 MMM. Hopefully I have done the right thing since I shopped all models and again LS is price leader for options you are buying. Kioti new CX went up 1000 and TYM 264 way behind on technical advances but is competitive but stripped down. John Deere still expensive. Kubota no trade value to be had. All good tractors mind you but not optioned like I was looking for. Lot of 25 horse power tractor buyers out there. All the dealers I spoke to were moving inventory even in these confusing times.

That is awesome! I'm currently shopping too and the models you are talking about are the same models I'm looking at. I know pricing can be fairly regional, but could I ask what you were quoted? And yeah, don't forget the pics!

/ LS MT 225S #6  
Price was 1000 USD less than ck2510 I can confidently say. Will provide photos upon delivery. No, I do not have delivery date for unit I assume all is slow due to Covid 19. I can wait no issue whatsoever. My search is over that is relief in itself- there are lot 25 HP tractors in the market today. Lots of choices for sure.

/ LS MT 225S
Rodneyn,

Funny I have a basically brand new TC24DA with 12LA and 914A MMM so I cant wait to hear your review and see the pics. I am wondering if New Holland will sell it as well. Love the CNH parts support and diagrams. Save for a little short on legroom that series of Boomer was a great tractor and I love my suspended deck vs the ground contact Woods PRD 7200 on my TC29DA.
My bigger Boomer has turf tires and it rides better and performs better in snow. The 24DA has R4s and I love the look and they are easier to keep clean in say wet grass mowing but they are hard on the back generally and suck in snow and ice. Be interesting to see how the new deck on yours cuts. I really like the design of their new LS MMM. My NH dealer has done very well with the new sub compact/mower loader combo.

Brian

Last edited:
   / LS MT 225S #8  
I looked at TYM, Kioti,Kubota, Rural King, and Bobcat also Mahindra. The most responsive dealers were TYM they were motivated to sell unfortunately their product is behind times but be an excellent first tractor. Tony痴 Tractor is working hard to change their image. Much like the Morgan痴 and Kubota. If you were first time buyer you would gravitate towards their views knowing you bought with knowledge. However after owning compact tractors for over 25 years I know what I need to accomplish the task.

You are correct the NH Tc26da was tractor ahead of its time. I haven稚 any issues whatsoever with it. After 13 years it is time to upgrade my smaller compact tractor. We are seeing a lot of NH dealerships close up due to competition, inclusive of LS. They have made difficult to sell LS boomer when you buy an LS direct. Parts are available for the older TC26DA but are becoming much more expensive. There is a cost associated to support out of date production units.

I have LS xr3135c now for over a year it痴 2 times the tractor I had prior Kioti LK3054. It has been excellent investment for farm side of the business. Seems like 50 horse tractor in 35 horse package the Turbo makes the difference.

I have had both Japan Kubota痴 and Korean Kioti痴. The Koreans have come along way with fit and finish past 25 years.

LS is good example of this change.

Too me quality, technology is paramount followed by cost. Color does not matter.

I will share pics and post milestones on the Ls MT225s however I have excellent dealer support (Superior Farm Supply Montpelier, Ohio - Paul Haines) any issues will be addressed Quickly.

I too hope the LS MT225S mows equal to the NH Tc26da.

Thanks for your interests.

/ LS MT 225S #9  
Ok it appears LS has made better mouse trap the LS MT225S is now on backorder per dealer. Not sure the exact wait time. But know they have made best seller tractor at fair price. I was hoping to land serial number under 100 but that is not going to happen. Be lucky to get serial number 300 based on record sales. Keep you posted because I can wait for good thing that everybody chasing after.

/ LS MT 225S #10  
Ok it appears LS has made better mouse trap the LS MT225S is now on backorder per dealer. Not sure the exact wait time. But know they have made best seller tractor at fair price. I was hoping to land serial number under 100 but that is not going to happen. Be lucky to get serial number 300 based on record sales. Keep you posted because I can wait for good thing that everybody chasing after.

Yep, your post spurred me to ask my nearest dealer for a quote. I got my quote and was told 7-10 days if I ordered right away. Got another message later saying that it would be "longer." Seems that LS hit a sweet spot for a lot of people.

I'd honestly really like to sit on one to see how much plastic there is (fenders, hood, etc.). An acquaintance has an XJ2025H, and while a great tractor by all accounts, the plastic fenders made the whole thing seem sort of cheap. That's totally subjective of course.