Grading LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #1  

rodneyn

Gold Member
Starting new thread for MT225S on owning and using. Just purchased 4 ft Rural King box blade use behind tractor. Found tractor handled box blade well. Now need hydraulic third link for faster adjustment on the fly. No issues with tractor with full box of gravel handles it quite well With no fluid in tires. Did have to use 4wd. No wheel slip experienced with rippers fully buried in the driveway tilted third link forward driving rippers deep in the driveway. Finish it with reversing third link tilting box blade backwards smoothing out what I had ripped up. No issues with temperature even with heat high humidity Yanmar motor ran cool tractor Transmission ran cool.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #2  
Subbed to follow for updates. I considered that exact model tractor. I liked the machine, but the local dealer just wasn’t up to par in terms of service capabilities.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade
Any updates? How’s the LS treating you?
No issues whatsoever with the MT225S started perfectly fine in sub zero weather. If in the budget looking to add grapple using LS diverter valve maybe this year. Have more than 80 hours on unit. It’s been used for landscaping and yard mowing. It’s been reliable and robust. Good value overall to me.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #5  
I like the MT225S thread. Got mine this year...25 hrs on it.... snow removal, moving 'large boulders, tree stump removal, dirt road smoothing, cut hill back for 4' retaining wall. Added 13" LED light bar forward, two 4" LED's facing backwards. Fitted Chains. I am really impressed with my LS. I like it better than my Kubota sub. Looking for info on Oil filter #'s.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade
I like the MT225S thread. Got mine this year...25 hrs on it.... snow removal, moving 'large boulders, tree stump removal, dirt road smoothing, cut hill back for 4' retaining wall. Added 13" LED light bar forward, two 4" LED's facing backwards. Fitted Chains. I am really impressed with my LS. I like it better than my Kubota sub. Looking for info on Oil filter #'s.
Picked up oil filter From dealer superior farm supply In Montpelier Ohio , 4.00 usd per filter will take picture of box if needed not until next Friday on job site now for new week away from home. Other filters hydrostatic and hydraulic were priced right also. Good dealer to work with, he does UPS too.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #7  
Thanks much....I will check for the dealer on the web.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #8  
I just finished running the MT225S for the weekend, making sure it is what I want, is everyone here still loving theirs? I did love it and think it is the perfect size for what I need, the only complaint I have is turning the seat to run the backhoe and having to turn it back around to move the tractor 2' and then do it all again, lol small detail and I suppose you get good at it? Thanks for any advice.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #9  
I just finished running the MT225S for the weekend, making sure it is what I want, is everyone here still loving theirs? I did love it and think it is the perfect size for what I need, the only complaint I have is turning the seat to run the backhoe and having to turn it back around to move the tractor 2' and then do it all again, lol small detail and I suppose you get good at it? Thanks for any advice.
I have the same feelings on mine....however I found it to be a small issue over the ret of the great performance I am getting. Only other issue is the tipsiness of the tractor. But I live in the mountains...so nowhere is flat...just have to be careful.

/ LS MT225S W/4 FT Box Blade #10  
Just talk to the dealer and found out there is a button to raise the seat much easier to swing around. lol