LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #11  
Racor's are NOT a cheap date though I do use Chinese knock off bases (IFJF to be exact) which are about half the cost of a genuine Racor base and are threaded in SAE to accept genuine Racor filters. I only run genuine Racor filters in the 2 micron pass as well as Racor bowls. You'll pay around 26 bucks for a genuine Racor 2 micron pass filter which is around 10 times better filtering efficiency that the OEM spin on fuel filter or the clear bowl filter on smaller tractors which are usually 20 micron pass. I've actually bypassed bot the spin on filters and the bowl filters on both my Kubota's. They are not needed with a Racor 2 micron pass, 100% water shedding filter.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #12  
Two, an ill equipped (to diagnose the issue) dealer. You need to contact another dealer, one that has the expertise to diagnose the issue and remember, ALL emissions controls are guaranteed for 5 years per gummit mandate.
The problem is that LS the company, not the dealer, says if a regen happens more than 2 hours from the last, that is an expected behavior. Call when it happens in less than 2 hours.

If you're regening often that means the fuel is of poor quality and the sensors tell the engine go into regen.
That is not a correct all encompassing statement, but regardless, at one point my dealer said the same thing, so I told them to test it and prove it. They were unable to do that.

Last edited:
   / LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #13  
My 573 has regenerated about 14 times in 300 hours. I’ve tried running higher Rpms with not much load and I’ve tried lower Rpms. On my tractor it does seem to make a little difference. Seemed the regens were further apart. Closest was about 12 hours. Each one only last about 18 minutes.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #14  
I have the same experience as the last post but with a MT3 57. Not as many hours on tractor but the regens are anywhere from 13 - 20 hours with about the same time during regen. I'm usually in the middle of a job when it happens so it is not a big deal to me since I can keep working (I thought when I was looking at a Branson tractor it had to be parked when regen occurred). I usually keep the revs above 2000 so I can't comment if it would be worse if I ran it like an old school tractor.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #15  
Yeah I should add to my comment , mine has been fine with regen. If I work it hard it only does a factory regen at every 50 hours. So plowing and tilling it will go 50 hours. Doing driveways and spreading stone etc , piddly stuff it usually regens between 12-23 hours.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #16  
John Deere released a video that said to run DPF tractors as normal. Do not constantly run them at higher rpm thinking it will burn cleaner. If the tractor isn’t working when at higher RPM it is actually causing more soot needing to be cleaned by the DPF filter.

It’s worth an experiment anyway, to try reducing rpm’s.

I just got my MT3 42, but am determined to try running it like my non DPF tractor and see where it leads me.
This is how I have been running my M7060, working fine for me so far at almost 400 hours. It does not seem to matter how I run it regens happen about the same time.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #17  
The problem is that LS the company, not the dealer, says if a regen happens more than 2 hours from the last, that is an expected behavior. Call when it happens in less than 2 hours.

That is not a correct all encompassing statement, but regardless, at one point my dealer said the same thing, so I told them to test it and prove it. They were unable to do that.
Not meant as "all encompassing", I'm passing on my experience with my tractor. Ask a pro trucker if quality of fuel matters.

You can test it yourself. Go to your local gas station and fuel up with their diesel. When your tractor starts going into regen, there's your test result. I did it... never again.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #18  
Yeah I should add to my comment , mine has been fine with regen. If I work it hard it only does a factory regen at every 50 hours. So plowing and tilling it will go 50 hours. Doing driveways and spreading stone etc , piddly stuff it usually regens between 12-23 hours.
I found mine is almost he same. Plowing snow or dragging the transplanter relatively easy work, 1800/2000 rpm the re-gen indicator would flash, but then no re-gen. Then around 30/40-ish hours, re-gen.

Now, tilling, pulling the cultavator deep, undercutter or sub-soiling in the 2000 rpm range works the engine a little more at a little higher, steadier temperature leads to a full 50 hours before regen cycle with my XR3140. Basically, the harder work will get it to the 50 hr regen way more consistently.

I believe its engine temperature related. Maintaining the constant higher temperature of the engine working at a higher load burns cleaner, compared to an engine doing a lighter load of work. I also keep a clean air filter and buy fuel from a high volume distributor and add anti-gel, cetane boost and lube additive to my fuel.

Somewhere here on tbn, I read that someone had partially blocked the radiator on there LS to create more heat in an effort to keep from regen cycling every hour or what ever it was and it worked, Got more run time before regen.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #19  
I have an MT3 57 with about 400 hours on it. This is what I have found.... running at over 2,000 hours all the time doesn't help anything. It may actually make things worse. Also, give it some time. When I first got mine, it did a regen about every 15 or 20 hours.. which was fine with me. Then, at about 150 hours, it started doing a regen every 5 hours. And... one time it even did a regen, then 10 minutes after it was done, did another one!!! I thought for sure there was a problem.. but the service manager at my dealer said to just keep using it and it should sort itself out. Well, he was right. The regen's started getting further and further apart, and now it's back to doing it about every 20 hours. Bottom line, I think it varies depending on different variables, notably fuel quality, outside air temp, humidity, etc. I think they are all factors. My last regen was about 30 hours ago. Give it some time, I bet it will be fine. Logic would say that it would regen consistently.. but it doesnt. It varies widely. Don't worry about it.

/ LS MT3 57 Regens TO Often #20  
I am surprised that some here are experiencing no difference in regen frequency between running at higher rpms and idling. I track the regens on my Kubota, and I definitely see more frequent regens with excessive idling, but my overall overage during 900 hours is a regen every 50 hours.
As has been mentioned, the type of tractor work certainly plays a role. I just ran my brush hog doing a stream bank for about 2 hours, and the DPF % went from 75% to 54%.