LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076

/ LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076 #1  

TJans

Tractor
LS MST342 HST
Any help is appreciated. Two year old LS MT 342 HST 134 hours, while beginning to brush hog RPMs decreased to 800/500 the following code was displayed F18 and 1076 was displayed where hours are normally visible. Massive decrease in power and shut down. Waited a few minutes started tractor again and RPMs did not exceed 500/800 and limped The tractor to barn. No notable leaks or evidence of low fluid volumes.

/ LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076 #2  
In my 2018 XG 3135H manual that is

s1076 F18 (P0002) - IMV control fault
Control Module: ECU
Context:
The Engine Control Unit (ECU) A-009 monitors the inlet metering valve Y-005 circuit. If the inlet metering valve Y-005
circuit becomes shorted to a high source, shorted to a low source or open, this fault occurs. Because of this fault, an
engine torque reduction or engine stoppage may occur.
Cause:
The ECU A-009 senses a short to high source, short to ground or open circuit condition in the Y-005 circuit.
Possible failure modes:
1. Faulty inlet metering valve Y-005, failed internally (open or shorted coil).
2. Faulty inlet metering valve Y-005 circuit wiring, shorted to voltage, shorted to ground or open.
3. Faulty mechanical component, unknown issue.
4. Faulty ECU A-009, internal failure.

Could be something like it on the MT

/ LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076 #3  
s1076 F18 fault is the IMV Control fault, basically too much or not enough fuel pressure. See images from the service manual for the older version of this tractor
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Make ABSOULTE sure there is no leaks in your fuel system. Something as small as a pin hole, that can suck air and not leak fuel, will cause this. It happened to me while I was out brush hogging too. A small stick jumped up and poked a small hole in my fuel line just at the tank. After several hours of the dealership mechanic and myself looking into every cause, he just happened to wiggle the same line we studied, and noticed a small drip of fuel come out. That was enough to shut down the entire system. Just an FYI.

/ LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076
Thank you- I’ll take another look tomorrow!

/ LS MT342 Fault code F18 1076
In my 2018 XG 3135H manual that is

s1076 F18 (P0002) - IMV control fault
Control Module: ECU
Context:
The Engine Control Unit (ECU) A-009 monitors the inlet metering valve Y-005 circuit. If the inlet metering valve Y-005
circuit becomes shorted to a high source, shorted to a low source or open, this fault occurs. Because of this fault, an
engine torque reduction or engine stoppage may occur.
Cause:
The ECU A-009 senses a short to high source, short to ground or open circuit condition in the Y-005 circuit.
Possible failure modes:
1. Faulty inlet metering valve Y-005, failed internally (open or shorted coil).
2. Faulty inlet metering valve Y-005 circuit wiring, shorted to voltage, shorted to ground or open.
3. Faulty mechanical component, unknown issue.
4. Faulty ECU A-009, internal failure.

Could be something like it on the MT
Thank you for your advice. To the service center it will go!