LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #191  
I finally sat on a tractor with the two pedal system everyone talks about.

You actually LIKE that system?

/ LS or Kubota #193  
I personally think too much is made of the two pedal vs treadle pedal difference. You will get use to whichever you have. That isn't a reason to not buy one or the other in my view based on usage of both. Some hate the treadle, but it never bothered me as I simply leave my heel on the floor and either push down or lift up on the front peddle to go forward or backward. I never used my heel on the back pedal under normal circumstances. For me intention is not to have your entire foot on both pedals at the same time on a treadle, but I think many try to use it that way. If I had a long distance to go backwards, I use my heel on the back pedal with my toes on the floor. Not hard either way.

/ LS or Kubota #194  

Yeah. Especially compared to an old clutch and reach between my knees and grab the gear shift lever to go from 1,2,3,4, or R in a non-synchro transmission. :D

/ LS or Kubota #195  
I think I have pretty much made up my mind on a LS MT573.
Apparently, LS has the tractors, but no loaders to put on them.

/ LS or Kubota #196  
Lift capacity??? when the ass end of my
tractor goes up in the air I know I'm over
doin it!!! Like to keep the wheels on the
ground!

willy
4 wheel drive is overrated you are not living until only 1 is on the ground lol

/ LS or Kubota #197  

I drove both when I was evaluating tractors-I’m sure I could have gotten used to the Kubota treadle however the 2 pedal system was immediately comfortable for me.

I ended up with an XR4155HC based on my ‘bang for the buck’ spreadsheet evaluation.

/ LS or Kubota #198  
I drove both when I was evaluating tractors-I’m sure I could have gotten used to the Kubota treadle however the 2 pedal system was immediately comfortable for me.

I ended up with an XR4155HC based on my ‘bang for the buck’ spreadsheet evaluation.
I have the two pedals on my JD and I really like it.
Easy natural movement for me.

/ LS or Kubota #199  
I personally think too much is made of the two pedal vs treadle pedal difference. You will get use to whichever you have. That isn't a reason to not buy one or the other in my view based on usage of both. Some hate the treadle, but it never bothered me as I simply leave my heel on the floor and either push down or lift up on the front peddle to go forward or backward. I never used my heel on the back pedal under normal circumstances. For me intention is not to have your entire foot on both pedals at the same time on a treadle, but I think many try to use it that way. If I had a long distance to go backwards, I use my heel on the back pedal with my toes on the floor. Not hard either way.
The only reason I made my post is because so many people act like Kubota's system is the devil incarnated. I could probably get used to it, just like I got used to not having a gear box- well, sort of. It took me two years, and last winter I managed to ding the side of my company truck while plowing... because I instinctively grabbed for the clutch instead of taking my foot off the pedal. :cry:

I have just always wondered what the hoopla was. After sitting on that JD, I'm still wondering. Some people mention having size 15 boots; I do see where that could be awkward... with either system.

/ LS or Kubota #200  
It is really personal preference, like others have said, you'll get used to it. My first HST with dual pedals was easy to get accustomed to, literally within a couple of hours. Now I have a shuttle shift, which is even easier (clutch on left, brakes on right)(I say easier since I still have vehicles with manual trans).

I have a 25 y/o garden tractor (HST) with the treadle pedal..... I absolutely hate it.... just not normal for me. I use / move my toe down to the reverse part. It just is weird for me.