LS Room for improvement.

/ LS Room for improvement. #131  
One last thought, then I'll just leave it alone.

LS, like the other Korean manufacturers, will have to face the need, eventually, of having a presence in the US, for manufacturing, even if it is somewhere between manufacturing and extensive final assembly.

The Japanese are really hurting over their yen valuation, I guess, among other issues in exporting. Toyota and Honda have slowly but surely brought the majority of their manufacturing here to the US and Hyundai/Kia is following suit.
This likely also explains Kubota increasing their US facilities as well.

On the dealership front, LS can only make it happen so fast, but there is likely only one LS dealer for every 10 Kubota and Deere dealerships. The facilities, garages, showroom, parts displays, and inventory? Not much comparison. That reality will have to change as well. It is going to prove extremely hard to increase market share to any appreciable level without an enormous improvement in dealer network, both in quality and quantity.

I'd have to drive past 4 Deere dealers and 3 Kubota dealerships to get to the one and only LS dealer I even know of. There is no comparison in the presentation or "curb appeal" between them either. That's a place of major improvement required.

Finally, improve the web presence and website. Sorry, but it just isn't there yet. All of which to say is that this all takes time. The other "Big Boys" have a big lead on them. Nobody expects over-night miracles, just consistent, steady progress. I'm reasonably confident that 5 years out? We'll see what they do. I hope so. Competition is good. A rising tide lifts all boats.

/ LS Room for improvement. #132  
Hyundai has come far but they been here 22 years. They came here in 1988.

/ LS Room for improvement. #133  
Buddy of mine had a 1986 "Pony" - piece of crap! My boss has a 2011 Sonata - very nice indeed. But that is called progression - learn from your mistakes or go under. I drove a Kubota for a lawn crew back in 1976 - compared to the Masseys we had at the time they were a pile of crap. Look at Kubota now ... almost as good as LS - I am kidding ok :)

/ LS Room for improvement. #134  
There are LS tractors showing up here in Alaska more and more it seems. Funny things is you don't see used ones lined up at the dealer for repair work. Sure there are warranty issues now and then but there is with every tractor.

The tractors in AK are used hard and in all kinds of weather. There are dominant brands up here for sure. Deere, Kubota, NH and a few stragglers, but none seem to be on the increase like LS.

Is LS the best tractor out there? No and your dad can't beat up my dad either. Ha ha. The age old debate of which is best will never end. That's part of the male ego, mine included.

What I can say (from what I have read/seen/heard) is LS makes a good tractor. It's not made in Iraq, the engine was not made in a 3rd world country, it's not coated in lead based paint. The ones that are out there are being put to the test like other capable tractors like Deere, Kubota, Mahindra, NH ect.

If you like a Chevy, drive a Chevy, if you like a Ford drive a Ford. Let me know if you see alot of LS's for sale out there with low hours cause I can't seem to find em.

Above all were all pretty fortunate to live in a country where we can have this debate and show what a variety of freedoms we have to work our own land. Lets pray it stays that way.

/ LS Room for improvement. #135  
Yeah LS:thumbsup:..I am pretty sure there is 3 or 4 LS owners in my imediate area now and the numbers are growing. The more that my dealer can sell the better it is for us all!:D

/ LS Room for improvement. #136  
Before I bought my LS 7010 I shopped around, looked at Kubota, Mahindra.NH, and for what I got as Standard Equipment on the LS all the other Tractors was quite a few Thousand more. i.e, Kubota for 12 speed trans. was $3800 more, (LS 20 speed) Hyd. hook up came with one then $900 for each additional, (LS comes with 3) outside wiper $1600. ( Standard on LS) $1500 more for a 2 speed PTO.( LS comes with 3 speed) $600 for self levelling bucket $200 for cd player (Radio) ( both standard on LS) all these were standard on the LS Kubota did not have Draft control. (LS does), these prices are based on the 70 HP Kubota. as mine is (7010 73 hp). the cab on the LS is very sturdy and tight fit and finish is very good, MHO. the one thing I would have liked would be an Air ride seat, the LS seat cranked all the way up, to me is a little low but a large thro cushon cured that. in all I am real pleased with my LS. ($35000.00) I forgot LS comes with 5 year power train warranty, Kubota 2 years. I am not bashing Kubota as they are a very good lTractor just looking at what you get for your money. Kubota without the extras $37800.00. that was the price quoted to me anyway.