LS tractor hood latch question.

/ LS tractor hood latch question. #1  

RomPablo

Tractor
LS S3010
I just bought a S3010 and I'm having a hard time locating the hood latch to inspect the fluid levels of my tractor. thanks to anyone responding.

rompablo

/ LS tractor hood latch question.
thanks to anyone giving me a quick ans....

/ LS tractor hood latch question. #3  
Did you get an operator's manual with the tractor? I'll wager you'll find the answer to your question there.
Also, there is an LS forum on TBN under "All Other Brands". Other LS owners might provide the info you need.

I take it you're new to tractors. You need to read your manual. If you didn't get a manual, contact the person who sold you the machine, or contact LS (yes, they do have a website).
However you get the manual, read it and learn about your machine before you damage it or hurt yourself.

Sorry I sounded a little naive. I'm new to the newer compact kind of tractors, I was used to a 1963 Case tractor without all this new contraptions. I did get the manual for the tractor and the fel, but nowhere does it say about the hood latch location. I did finally found it under the grille guard. It does give you the basics but that's about all.

Thanks for the answer and your concerns for my safety...

/ LS tractor hood latch question. #5  
I have a Montana, a re-branded ls; its hoof latch is under the right forward side of the hood, bucket must be down, pull it forward

/ LS tractor hood latch question. #6  
If you look at the picture, the latch is on the RH side (LH if you are sitting on the tractor). Just pull up and you should hear the latch pop loose and you can lift the hood.

Attachments

• CIMG2011.jpg
    CIMG2011.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 1,087
Thanks for everybody's reply. I located the latch on mine on right front lower part of the tractor.

Andrew: thanks for the picture. the latch on mine is located on the same position except it's on the opposite side, left side viewed from the front, right side viewed from the drivers seat. On mine you have to move the grille guard to the front. Thanks.