LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #191  
So has anybody tried using the Napa # 7000 Filter to replace the LS oem 40283380 filter??

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #192  
I'm going to get a filter tomorrow for my XR3037HC. It uses the same 40283380 filter. Cross references are Wix 57000, NAPA 7000, Fram 3614. Which filter I get will depend on what the parts store has in stock.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #193  
I will try going to Napa tomorrow myself

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #194  
For those that use the 40283380 filter the Fram 3614 is correct. Just changed my engine oil and filter and greased.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #195  
Just wanted to let everyone know how great the shop-vac works when changing the hydraulic filter.
I did it today and the only oil I lost was what was in the filter. The last time I did it I lost a gallon and had a big mess.

I bought a cone shaped adapter and put it in the fill hole. What a great method, kudos to whoever thought of this trick.....thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!:thumbsup:

image.jpeg

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #196  
If you visit lstractorparts4less.com there are OEM filters for your LS Tractors at more than likely, lower cost than you will find them anywhere else. It is also cheaper to go this route, NAPA is usually much more expensive.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #197  
bttractor I have found at the 300 hour service your statement is spot on...OEM from here out...no worry's about warranty or if it is the right part!

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #198  
rockauto has the oil filter wix #57000 for 13.33 listed for Yamaha outboard, wix #51715 for 36.79,

have not found a alt part number for the pre fuel filter

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #199  
Has anyone found an alternative to the filter for oil and hydraulic for the XR-4150? I called 2 dealers and neither had them in stock and said it would take 4-5 days to order and get them in. Also, the numbers they gave me were different than the list posted here. Can someone confirm the correct numbers?

thanks

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #200  
rockauto has the oil filter wix #57000 for 13.33 listed for Yamaha outboard, wix #51715 for 36.79,

have not found a alt part number for the pre fuel filter

I have used RockAuto as they offer low pricing but the make it up on higher than necessary shipping costs. When buying on line versus a drive (and time) to a local supplier, I always look at shipping costs. If I can buy on line, I get it the cheapest shipping possible, as if I needed it tomorrow, I'd just drive around and find it.