LS U5030C or P7010C

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #11  
You wont have any problem lifting 2000-3000 pound loads with the P 7010 when you properly ballast the rear end. Without rear ballast it will lift more than it is rear end stabil with. I have lifted full buckets of wet clay or wet shale and it gets really light on the back, like the rear wheels will come off the ground without something heavy on the rear. I have yet to load the rear tires on mine so I use my 8 foot disc (bought it for my 50HP tractor and havent upgraded to larger) or 7 foot 305 BH (app. 1500#) with 1/4" plate deck for ballast . This works well for it but does stick back a good bit so you need lots of room. I really like the short turning radius of the 7010. A cab is nice on it for those cold or hot or rainy work days.
I am not familiar with the U50xx series and lift capacity so I wont comment on them.

Price on the 7010C with FEL hasnt gone up much since I bought my 2010 for $35,500

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #12  
I have had my u-5030 for two years now and five hundred hours. It does a great job in the hay field with mower and bailer. I brush hog about thirty acres twice a year, it does great. Will have to say I agree with the others that say go bigger. For me the 7010 would be more that I need, but from what you have said you need the extra power. Good Luck.

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #13  
Mike you probably have one or know this but thought I'd mentioned it too you. My cousin had a nursery business for years in Homestead, about 20 years ago he moved his operation to Naples,Fl. Anyway when he ordered his new Kubota tractor he ordered from Kubota a type of tree boom attachment to load and or unload big palms. I believe when he has this attachment on he has to remove the bucket on his FEL. If you need to sell your palms when you get your operation rolling PM me and I will put you in contact with him.

Boone

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #14  
I have a U5030C and think it is an excellent tractor. However for the work you have described I would think a P7010 would be a better choice for you. Let us know what you decide to get. They are both great machines.

/ LS U5030C or P7010C
Boone I will contact you beginning of the year.
Let him know I'm blowing out prices. My goal is to clear the farm in 1 year.

To everyone else, thank you for your support and knowledge. Looks like I will be going with the P7010c. Just having a little bit of difficulty selling the used tractors. But hopefully for my birthday, mid January, it's up and running.

I will start another post as soon as I sign the papers... ;-)

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #16  
Boone I will contact you beginning of the year.
Let him know I'm blowing out prices. My goal is to clear the farm in 1 year.

Mike sending PM w/contact info.

Boone

/ LS U5030C or P7010C
replied
thanks again

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #18  
Mike, I have a 7010 and live in NB Canada. Payed 41k for mine here in Canada. Have not had any issues, works fine. Just recently studded the front tires with Maxigrip studs. Something you don't have to worry about. You should compare the specs. on all the tractors and I think you will find the LS series will beat most or be very competive. Take your time, ask questions, and you will make the right decision. Good luck. 1356554570091.jpg1356550360798.jpg

Last edited:
   / LS U5030C or P7010C
Well tomorrow is the deciding day. Someone is coming to look at the other 4 tractors. If I get at least $10k for all 4 then Monday I'm calling the LS dealer.
Wish me luck

/ LS U5030C or P7010C #20  
I agree, although I still have my 135 MF for the woods I am not sorry for purchasing the 7010 for everything else. No regrets for getting the extra power.