LS?

/ LS? #1  

coloradotrout

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4100 HST CUT w/Yanmar 3TNE74 | JD 300 Lawn
I am looking for a 30 to 40 hp with fel to replace my Deere 4100 hst.

Want the 2 pedals. Need the same reliability.

Hobby farm brush cutting, 5 ft tiller for garden and horse arena, box blade & angle blade for road maintenance, 5 ft finish mower for 2 ac lawn.

4100 does everything ok except tilling and moving round bales.

/ LS? #3  
My LS is just over 2 years old with almost 300 Hours And has ran great and did all the jobs I needed it to do.

/ LS?
Got a dealer 2h away so going to research. Any suggestions on model?

/ LS? #5  
I am looking for a 30 to 40 hp with fel to replace my Deere 4100 hst.

Want the 2 pedals. Need the same reliability.

Hobby farm brush cutting, 5 ft tiller for garden and horse arena, box blade & angle blade for road maintenance, 5 ft finish mower for 2 ac lawn.

4100 does everything ok except tilling and moving round bales.
Depending on the weight of the round bales, You are looking at a MT2 40 minimum.

But would suggest looking at the MT3 series and even the MT4 series if you are moving a lot of round bales and they weigh over 1800 lbs.

This may be the ideal one for you

/ LS?
Depending on the weight of the round bales, You are looking at a MT2 40 minimum.

But would suggest looking at the MT3 series and even the MT4 series if you are moving a lot of round bales and they weigh over 1800 lbs.

This may be the ideal one for you
That's definitely on the high end of what I'm thinking. $25K max spend is also what I'm thinking. While being able to handle heavy bales would be great I'm not sure that's the mainstream of what I'll be doing. I also need to finish mow 2-3ac and some of that is on a slope. I also like the smaller size to get into tight places. We'll see.

/ LS?
Called the LS dealer. MT240HE is where he suggested. Maybe MT235, but felt the extra 5 hp is money well spent.

Last edited:
   / LS? #8  
My Yanmar YT235C has 123 hours no problems
and also has a 10 year warranty drive train

willy

/ LS? #9  
Called the LS dealer. MT240HE is where he suggested. Maybe MT235, but felt the extra 5 hp is money well spent.
I was looking hard at the MT225HE and went with the MT235HE for the extra 10 HP. Came at the cost of emissions control garbage, but I sure like the extra power. I would think the same would be true if you bumped to the 40HP.

/ LS? #10  
The 240 will gain you heavier loader with more lift capacity. I have an XG3135 (bought used) and it's beast. Plenty of lift but more power is never too much. I can haul 4*5 bales wet/dry on a loader bale spear as if they where not there. I do have a BH on the rear most of the time, still using it a lot.