ls45 will not start

/ ls45 will not start #1  

duramjames

I have a New Holland LS45. I had it started last week it ran fine. How ever this week it just cranks. I am not getting any spark at the plug. I switched the relays around. I checked the fuses,I jumped wired the seat safety switch. Any ideas what else can I try?

/ ls45 will not start #2  
Whenever this happens on a mower, it is almost always a safety switch not working properly: PTO, Neutral, Seat, Brake, or reverse operation kill switches are on some models. I'm not sure how many of these you have on the LS45, but I'd check all I could find. In the end, these switches normally ground out the magneto power and simply removing the ground lead to the engine will normally allow the engine to start normally, but it may prevent the engine from stopping when you turn off the key as well. You may have to reconnect the wire to stop the mower.

/ ls45 will not start
Thank you for your reply I will try that and let you know

/ ls45 will not start
I unhooked the ground to the engine and it started. Thanks. Now I have to find out what switch went bad. I am trying to find out how many I have on it. It is a hydrostatic I know I have the seat the PTO and the oil sentry can any one think of another? Will it hurt the mower to cut my grass the way it is till I can find out what switch it is?

/ ls45 will not start #5  
I unhooked the ground to the engine and it started. Thanks. Now I have to find out what switch went bad. I am trying to find out how many I have on it. It is a hydrostatic I know I have the seat the PTO and the oil sentry can any one think of another? Will it hurt the mower to cut my grass the way it is till I can find out what switch it is?

Just make sure the fluids are okay and be careful because none of the safety features will be active. Think before you do something and you'll be fine. Good luck finding the problem switch.

/ ls45 will not start
The pto will not engage I took the switch out and replaced it.They were closing so they could not check the old one. The new switch did not do me any good.I have taken out the backup switch and the brake switch both are good.I can not find anymore.:confused:

/ ls45 will not start #7  
I wish I could help you more, but all I know is general information about how most mowers are wired. Sometimes electric PTO clutches can go bad, but you can always check if it is the clutch or switch by jumpering power to the clutch to see if it will engage. The other safety switches can be failing when they are installed, but taking them out and manually closing the switches will cause the contacts to clean a bit and they will test good. The one's I've seen fail are normally intermittent.

At this point all I can offer is moral support. I know your problem is frustrating because it's obviously a simple problem but very hard to track down. Just keep pluggin' and you'll eventually find it. I have a good lawnmower and small engine shop in my area where I can take mowers if I get stumped, but I have no idea about your location.