LT180 VS. LX Series

/ LT180 VS. LX Series #1  

JDGUY

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have some questions. I recently purchased a new JD LT180. I paid close to $6000cdn (with baggers) for it. I recently looked up some resale value about both the LX and LT. I found that the LX held it's value more that a quite comparable LT. I'm now thinking it over if I should spend a little extra and get and LX series, maybe a 280 reg steer? I cut 2.5 acres, slightly uneven, slopes and some obstacles such as trees and hedges. I also have to navigate my garden pathways. If you where in my place would you upgrade to an LX? What things make the LX a stronger/better buy than the LT? Are the transmission and major components better quality? How much longer would an LX last compared to an LT. If you people could give me some ideas to point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Cheers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ LT180 VS. LX Series
Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ LT180 VS. LX Series #3  
It's really hard to say. Resale value doesn't necessairly correlate to quality, though sometimes it does. I have a LT166 that I bought a long time ago and it's been terrific, no problems. But that's just anecdotal evidance. I don't know enough about the differences between the LT and LX series to give you anything more useful.

Cliff

/ LT180 VS. LX Series #4  
The frame is a little thicker on the LX, as well as a better seat, bigger tires, liquid cooling available on the LX 279. They are a nice machine with electronic PTO whereas your is mechanical and the mower decks are slightly different from the 2. I believe you can get a front roller on the 48C deck on the LX and I know for a fact there is no nose roller on the 48'' EDGE deck on the LT 180 and 190. I was considering a LT since I work for a Deere dealer but I really wanted a LX liquid cooled but did not have enough money for it and ended up buying a 318. If you just bought a LT see if you can return it under the JD 30 day promise if your dealer allows it. You probably have not used it too much. Please note that the 17 horse Kawasaki in your tractor now is very similar to the 18 horse air cooled in the LX 280 so engine life will not increase with that trade.

/ LT180 VS. LX Series
Does the K46C transaxle oil ever need changing? If so how is it done as it is a "sealed" unit?