Lunar Rover

/ Lunar Rover #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Didn't know whether to put this in this heading or Rural. Is the moon considered Rural?

Does anybody know how the Lunar Rover was stored on the LEM?

I googled some pictures, but it doesn't make any sense. The only picture I found looks like one of those cases when you try and load something that is way too big. Half of it is sticking out and you come to the conclusion, it aint gonna fit!

My Post 4001! Obviously some kind of space odd-yssey.

Last edited:
   / Lunar Rover #2  
Pretty sure the dealer delivered it to them so it was waiting for them when they got there. I think somebody mentioned something about how good Subaru is, Rover is even better!!! :)

/ Lunar Rover #3  
A7B7DFAE-77EE-4A17-AEEF-7C56A4775018.jpeg

DE4E63DA-47B3-465A-9B7D-0D499767486F.jpeg

AA0DB9F1-DD1B-46E1-ACD1-0B4944408AAF.jpeg

/ Lunar Rover
COOL! Thanks for that.

I see some wrapped up chain. What are these guys, farmers? They look more like cooks. And they appear quite unimpressed with their engineering. Comments on the one video are quite interesting.

Last edited:
   / Lunar Rover #6  
Anyone read 'Artemis' by Andy Weir ? he also wrote 'The Martian'

Lots of "rover" activity as the story is set in the near future with a virtual city on the moon...it's not near as intriguing or profound (slightly hamish) as The Martian but the tech, history and science is there as well as the humor...

/ Lunar Rover #7  
Pretty sure the dealer delivered it to them so it was waiting for them when they got there. I think somebody mentioned something about how good Subaru is, Rover is even better!!! :)

I bet the POD charges were killer.....................:D

/ Lunar Rover #8  
I bet the POD charges were killer.....................:D

Knowing NASA, they probably paid double just to use up their budget so they can ask for more next year!!

/ Lunar Rover #10  
Here's one from the moon.

If interested check out (Moon machines) a good tech series with LOTS of Vintage footage

Each show deals with individual machines that made Going to the moon possible.

Moon Machines - Lunar Rover - YouTube

Just a few seconds after the vid you posted ends...
Dave Scott got a big surprise when the front steering didn't work- luckily it was designed with 4 wheel steering so they just drove it like a fork lift. 34:00 minutes is where they start unloading it.

Last edited: