Lx2610 questions

/ Lx2610 questions #1  

Kohlmak

Tractor
Kubota
Hello! I am torn on which route to go, a lx2610 or a b2601 and need help. I am going to dealer this weekend to compare the two but would like your opinions first. It would be used 75 percent of the time to mow my yard, about 2 acres with a few trees and some partially steeper slopes. The other times would be to deal with our 6 cattle, feeding smaller round bales (500-800lb-ish), cleaning pen, and mowing trail. I would like to get one that could maybe handle all of those tasks?? I’m your opinion is the lx too big to be used as a mower? Is the b2106 too small to be handling small round bales?

/ Lx2610 questions #2  
The LX series is actually the larger end of the B series so you may see a bit of overlap between the two. I'm unfamiliar with either model but for flexibility it's entirely possible both use the same model front loader. I don't know the rating of the loader - ask. The LA525 loader on my L2501 is rated about 1150 pounds, as I recall. The same loader is used on other members of the L series as well. When dealing with the heavier weights on the loader it's a good idea to add some weight to the rear. I use a ballast box on my three point. Others prefer filled tires. Happy shopping.

Last edited:
   / Lx2610 questions #3  
I would say the B is too small and the Lx is barely big enough if you are on mostly flat ground and roads. If the ground is rough or you need to drive off road with a bale I would say it's too small.

Now, there is this thing on the back of the tractor which would handle those bales just fine with either tractor but you can't lift the bale over the side of a feeder.

/ Lx2610 questions #4  
I would agree with sea2summit. Here are the specs on the lx2610. I have not used either of them. Looks like NO on the b and questionable on the lx. Also, if you have the finances, look at the 5 year interest free and the insurance offered by Kubota. And look at the B, the LX and before you buy, look at the L series. Good luck. Hope you enjoy whatever you get.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14-25-47 TractorData com Kubota LX2610 tractor attachments information.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14-25-47 TractorData com Kubota LX2610 tractor attachments information.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14-32-54 TractorData com Kubota B2601 tractor attachments information.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14-32-54 TractorData com Kubota B2601 tractor attachments information.png
    124 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
   / Lx2610 questions #5  
For reference, I mow our 2 acre lawn with my L2501 with R4 tires. It does a great job and my lawn look good. Not golf course quality by any means, but green and not torn up.

Turf tires would be better if you are mowing on a more manicured yard.