LX280. 1st PTO stopped then engine won't restart

/ LX280. 1st PTO stopped then engine won't restart #1  

RBLeach

Tractor
John Deere LX280
While mowing with John Deere LX 280, the mower stopped. The PTO switch was still in the run position and turning it off and on had no effect. The tractor was still running fine. I drove up to the house and turned off the engine to check things. I found nothing wrong. The engine won't restart. A very slight hummm can be heard but it doesn't turn over. Fuses good, Wires all seem connected. Battery fully charged. Ideas? Suggestions? What to check next?

/ LX280. 1st PTO stopped then engine won't restart #2  
While mowing with John Deere LX 280, the mower stopped. The PTO switch was still in the run position and turning it off and on had no effect. The tractor was still running fine. I drove up to the house and turned off the engine to check things. I found nothing wrong. The engine won't restart. A very slight hummm can be heard but it doesn't turn over. Fuses good, Wires all seem connected. Battery fully charged. Ideas? Suggestions? What to check next?

Hello, I had this exact same issue yesterday. Where you able to figure out what was broken? I am guessing the ignition module went bad.

Thank you.

/ LX280. 1st PTO stopped then engine won't restart
Even though the battery was fully charged, I tried "jump starting" and it started right up. As soon as I disconnected the jump battery, it died again. I replaced the battery and everything was fine. The JD battery has a very high amp-hr rating and was extraordinarily expensive for my meager wallet. It took quite a bit of looking to find a non-JD battery rated as strong. I found an equivalent replacement through Interstate Battery.

/ LX280. 1st PTO stopped then engine won't restart #4  
Thank you for letting me know. I will check the battery.
Best regards!