LX3310 4 cylinder engine

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #11  
Excellent replies guys. Thanks.

I was at a closed dealer this afternoon and fell in love with this 50th Anniversary L6060. Ridiculously nice cab and paint. Gray loader and wheels with this deep metallic orange paint. The robustness of the package is crazy. So stout and nicely finished inside. Everything at your fingertips.

However this is a far cry from a lx33… Ha
I'd love to have that... that's tractor **** to me. lol

Can you buy it for me? Pretty please? j/k

Back on topic... In some machines I've noticed that 4 cylinders are more smoother, but that has to do with a balancing shaft and the harmonics.

Also the turbo will muffle some of the sound on the LX33.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #12  
Hi. First post in a few years. I'm considering a LX3310 and wondering if anyone can comment on the "smoothness" of the 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder. I haven't heard one run yet, but my hope is that 4 is an overall smoother engine. The last Yanmar 4 cylinder I ran in an off-road tracked dump truck was silky smooth and quiet. None of that clanking noise. I just loved the sound of it, and it was something I never experienced with any of my Kubotas.
Yes, the 4 cylinder is smoother but these are tractors and either is suitable.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #13  
Got a lx3310 at work last year because we needed a narrow cab machine. My biggest complaint is that the idle speed is twice as high as any of the other kubotas ive run and the transmission is probably the loudest. Under open throttle the engine is comparable to any of the others in sound but the hst whine under load is like having a mosquito permanently stuck in your ear. If I was personally going to buy a tractor in that power range and had enough space i'd opt for any grand L 40 or 60 series instead.
Yes, the small 4 cylinder diesel enginie has a high idle, probably due to the short stroke.

Yes, HST whine is annoying, much more so in cab versions. HST whine is not objectionable in my B3350 ROPS model and almost non existant in my L6060 ROPS model. Gear whine from my M9960 12X12 hydraulic shuttle is higher than either. Must be some straight cut gears somewhere inside.

Last edited:
   / LX3310 4 cylinder engine #14  
We all have our preferences and requirements. I assume you plan to go to a Kubota dealer and sit on the lx3310, so while you're there, run an L4060 around the lot. IMHO the Grand L's are the Cadillacs of tractors!
Agreed. Absolutely love my L6060 ROPS model (cannot use cab models due to routine driving around and beneath trees).

Only complaint that I have is the vulnerability of the third function hydraulic hoses beneath the tractor and behind the right front tire.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #15  
Once again, FAKE NEWS. The engine used in the LX3310 does not have balancer shafts like the M9000's engine does.
Bingo.

Balance shafts are few and far between in tractor engines.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #16  
Agreed. Absolutely love my L6060 ROPS model (cannot use cab models due to routine driving around and beneath trees).

Only complaint that I have is the vulnerability of the third function hydraulic hoses beneath the tractor and behind the right front tire.

I'm not a good fabricator, so I bought a 3rd function hose protection cage that is custom made for the L60 series. Paul Short of Specialty Repairs makes them.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine
Good idea… L6060 certainly is nice. My wife was looking at me with a slight frown since she could quickly relate the smile to price ratio.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #18  
Hi. First post in a few years. I'm considering a LX3310 and wondering if anyone can comment on the "smoothness" of the 4 cylinder vs a 3 cylinder. I haven't heard one run yet, but my hope is that 4 is an overall smoother engine. The last Yanmar 4 cylinder I ran in an off-road tracked dump truck was silky smooth and quiet. None of that clanking noise. I just loved the sound of it, and it was something I never experienced with any of my Kubotas.
I have older and smaller Kubota's of both 3 and 4 cyl flavors. None cab of course. My comments are:
1) My B2150's are all 4 cyl and their advertised horsepower comes from bigger horses than the advertised horsepower of the BX2200s. Maybe the whole industry lies a little more each year and hopes no one will notice. The 4cyl are hard to lug down. Seem to be over achievers.
2) I have both HST and stick versions of the B2150. I really do not notice any difference in engine noise between any of them and the BX2200s which are all HST. Oh yeah, there are engine noise differences but more like "identity" than like nuisances. I do NOT hear the classic diesel engine clank and clatter (like many pickup trucks and like my larger MF tractor.) The engines all seem "smooth" whatever that subjective term means to each of us. I do not notice any putt-putt lack of smoothness in any of them if that is what you mean.
3) The HST whine if anything is a little more annoying in the BX2200 (owning one, maintaining another and driven several) compared to the B2150 HST.
4) I'd say the more prominent feature I've seen (in a very limited small sample of smaller Kubotas ) is better power output from the 4 cylinders, especially in lugging under heavier loads, more so than noise.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #19  
I have an lx3310 ROPS for about 1.5 years and have overall been very happy with it for my needs. As far as noise and “smoothness”, yes there is significant hydro whine, I think more than many similar models. I don’t mind it/hear it so much any more. The lx engine does seem “smoother” running than my 3 cyl. Kubota ZD, particularly at low idle, though as mentioned might be partially due to higher rpm on the lx. For what it’s worth, when doing the new tractor walk around in the shop with the service guys at the dealership, they both commented how “good” they thought the lx sounded vs. the similar models. I figure they hear them all…. It seems the grand L’s are in a different class. Never operated one, but they appear to be beauties if they suit your needs and your CFO.

/ LX3310 4 cylinder engine #20  
For what it's worth I love my 2004 Grand L5030 HSTC. Maybe it's my hearing but I have never noticed a "whine" from the transmission. The cab is super quiet IMO compared to standing outside when the tractor is under load. If you can afford it get the Grand L you looked at.