3-Point Hitch lynch pin help

/ lynch pin help #21  
It is hard for me to imagine a pin coming out snow blowing as there shouldnt be anything to snag them. Make a few like GWDixon show with washer first then slip the pin thru and if it comes loose then it must be breaking in which case something is not right and causing the lift arms to pull excessively on the pin. Maybe try putting in a grade 8 bolt with either a double lock nut or nyloc nut with a washer on the lift pin before the bolt. I have lost a few bush hogging and broken some with the box blade but only after bending the lift pin.
Look for the cause of failure rather than constant pin replacement unless you were putting them in wrong which I doubt unless you are flipping the bail all the way over after installing.

/ lynch pin help
It is hard for me to imagine a pin coming out snow blowing as there shouldnt be anything to snag them. Make a few like GWDixon show with washer first then slip the pin thru and if it comes loose then it must be breaking in which case something is not right and causing the lift arms to pull excessively on the pin. Maybe try putting in a grade 8 bolt with either a double lock nut or nyloc nut with a washer on the lift pin before the bolt. I have lost a few bush hogging and broken some with the box blade but only after bending the lift pin.
Look for the cause of failure rather than constant pin replacement unless you were putting them in wrong which I doubt unless you are flipping the bail all the way over after installing.

All good ideas and washers and bolts are next if the black jobbers and pull ties fail.

Thanks again.

/ lynch pin help #23  
Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding this. How are lynch pins coming undone? Even the cheapest ones I've seen can't open on their own.

/ lynch pin help #24  
Black s.o.b's ... they will pop your finger as hard as a 16 oz hammer and you can even loose your fingernail .... but they do the job and seem to last forever.

/ lynch pin help #25  
Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding this. How are lynch pins coming undone? Even the cheapest ones I've seen can't open on their own.

The Cadmium or zinc plated lynch pins (these are the (somewhat) gold colored ones) spring clips will loosen after some use. I've lost some when running my RFM (which I would think is a fairly low stress operation).

/ lynch pin help

I think it is the India made ***** that just fails, I can't see why it would come off either and yes the flat was going to the implement side otherwise the ring would get smacked to ***** in no time, go figure. I feel it is must be inferior metals from off shore stuff no doubt. I have used lag bolts that use to be bullet proof but now bend like taffy hey but they are less expensive, lol.

/ lynch pin help #27  
I am thinking the lock pins that hold the lift link pins to my lower 3pt arms have a ring that you have to turn to release, like a split ring. I'll check my tractor and report back.

/ lynch pin help #28  
I only lose my pins when they walk off when I'm hooking up and lay them down! :laughing: :laughing: And I know this don't help you out but I think you are putting some stress on them and shearing them for some reason ????

/ lynch pin help #29  
So you think that they are not breaking but coming unlocked?

Yes, I think they are being snagged, become unlocked and then fall out. Possibly, the ring can get ripped off somehow and then fall out.

I have had a few become unlatched from going through brush or digging them in the dirt and fall out, but caught it before I wrecked anything, but if I lose one with a 1200# weight box and then start dragging that through the woods with the toplink and one lift arm, that could be one for the video. :laughing:

If a branch will unlatch a light duty one, it may even unlatch a heavy duty one, it's just harder to do and may take a bigger branch.

I have never seen one break off, but I probably am not as hard on them as others.

/ lynch pin help #30  
Ya. Dam garbage. I wish the manufactures from tires to paint would stop making excuses and make stuff so it will last. A snow blower should have a cleaves style link pin setup. No. Instead they use one post and save 5 bucks. I for one am getting sick of buying crap.