Lynch Pins Coming Off

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #81  
I used to lose a lot of them mowing, started using large “R” pins pushed all the way through so they’re just hanging, haven’t lost one since
That is what I use. Never lost them in high weeds and brush..

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #82  
There are several posts about this but not many recently so a new day means new ideas. When I brush hog a different lynch pin falls off nearly every time. I've brush hogged five times in the last two months and have lost four lynch pins.

Facts: I do have a lot of overgrown weeds and saplings and I do use the HD black lynch pins.

My question is how do I keep them from coming off? I don't care about losing them so much as I do about tearing up my equipment. Chaining them to somewhere on the tractor just keeps me from losing the pin but it doesn't stop the inevitable damage from the pin coming out. Is there a better more secure pin out there other than a bolt and nut? Duct tape? Key rings? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
Drill a hole through the pin and put in a cotter pin. Or take some binding wire and wire the ring down.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #83  
There are several posts about this but not many recently so a new day means new ideas. When I brush hog a different lynch pin falls off nearly every time. I've brush hogged five times in the last two months and have lost four lynch pins.

Facts: I do have a lot of overgrown weeds and saplings and I do use the HD black lynch pins.

My question is how do I keep them from coming off? I don't care about losing them so much as I do about tearing up my equipment. Chaining them to somewhere on the tractor just keeps me from losing the pin but it doesn't stop the inevitable damage from the pin coming out. Is there a better more secure pin out there other than a bolt and nut? Duct tape? Key rings? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #84  
I do the same deal (search through the bins at the tractor store or TSC for ones with more spring closing pressure) but there is a drawback to them and that is, the ones with more spring pressure are also finger smashers if you happen to have a digit in the wrong place at the wrong time. Been there, did that and it hurts, they seem to like to smash down on the end of your finger.....lol

I've only lost a couple over the years but I keep extras in each tool box on the tractors and implements.
A lot of good ideas;. You said you use the HD pins. A good friend of mine had the same problem and the HD pins do not work. He place a a Yale padlock with a long hook instead of a pin. While it looks strange, A locked padlock is not coming off without a key.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #86  

Attachments

• Moused_shackle.gif
    Moused_shackle.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 81
   / Lynch Pins Coming Off #87  
I am amazed that some have never had a click pin fall out. I run into some heavy brush, including stick and saplings, and even zip ties over the click pons are not foolproof. I use double butted bolts instead of pins for my main lift arms on the bush hog now (8', dual spindle) and that works. I use bolts and nylon locknuts on the tail wheels. I still have to use zip ties on click pins for some equipment.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
A lot of good ideas;. You said you use the HD pins. A good friend of mine had the same problem and the HD pins do not work. He place a a Yale padlock with a long hook instead of a pin. While it looks strange, A locked padlock is not coming off without a key.

Lol!!! That made me laugh because it has never crossed my mind but sounds like the perfect remedy! Just keep the padlock key with the tractor key. Simple and quick, thank you!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #89  

Yes, I can answer your question with four different options, all visually illustrated and discussed at timepoint 10 minutes 20 seconds into my educational video found at
. None of the options discussed are idle theory. I have personally used all under rigorous conditions. My favorite, as discussed in the video, is to drill a small hole through the pin then insert a cotter pin and wrap its tails around the lynch pin's bale.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I am amazed that some have never had a click pin fall out. I run into some heavy brush, including stick and saplings, and even zip ties over the click pons are not foolproof. I use double butted bolts instead of pins for my main lift arms on the bush hog now (8', dual spindle) and that works. I use bolts and nylon locknuts on the tail wheels. I still have to use zip ties on click pins for some equipment.

Thanks for your input and I’m surprised too. What is strange is that it’s happening more on my new tractor than on my previously owned tractor. Same land.