3-Point Hitch M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #1  

crudolph

Hi folks,

I picked up a Wallenstein BX-64r with a hydraulic feed hopper. I'm pretty green when it comes to PTO and 3-point implements so I'm hoping folks here can offer some insight.

It turns out the hydraulic connectors are the wrong size (see pic):

fr36-XL.jpg

Two things I'm confused about are 1. Is it as simple as just getting the correct sized connectors for the chipper and 2. The M-59 has 3 ports and the Wallenstein has 2 - which ones do I use?

Thoughts or comments anyone?

Thanks,
Chris.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #2  
Your M59 has three rear QCs for the backhoe. One is pressure to the BH, one is power beyond or pressure from the BH (when not in use) to feed downstream hydraulic functions (e.g., 3PH) and the third is low pressure return to tank, which is where your oil flows out of the BH valve when you're using any of it's hydraulic functions. If it's like my BX25, the low pressure return should be the white capped port.

You will need to hook up the pressure in line on the BX62 to the pressure in line from the tractor (check your manual for which one that is, or wait for another M59 owner to post). The return line on the BX62 can be hooked up to either the PB port or tank return port on the tractor. Hooking up to the PB line will let pressure flow to other functions, while hooking up to the tank return will bi-pass those functions and make them inoperable. But, if you hook up to the PB line and then operate your 3PH for example, that line could develop or see full pump pressure which the tank return line on your BX62 is not likely rated for. It's a small risk and one you can manage by not maxing out pressure on your FEL/3PH while the BX62 is connected. If you need full pressure for other functions, just unplug the hydraulic feed and reconnect the BH PB loop to itself temporarily.

Oh, and you can just change out the QC's on the BX62 with the correct ones. A dealer can help you, or another M59 owner. I don't know the type or size your M59 uses.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #3  
crudolph,

I think you can only use those 3 remotes with the M-59 backhoe, not other attachements. Once you disconnect the hoe you have to throw those levers under the seat and I think that redirects flow away from those remotes. I could be wrong here...but I think it's either the 3-pt/PTO OR the hoe remotes, not both at the same time.

-Mark

Hi folks,

I picked up a Wallenstein BX-64r with a hydraulic feed hopper. I'm pretty green when it comes to PTO and 3-point implements so I'm hoping folks here can offer some insight.

It turns out the hydraulic connectors are the wrong size (see pic):

fr36-XL.jpg

Two things I'm confused about are 1. Is it as simple as just getting the correct sized connectors for the chipper and 2. The M-59 has 3 ports and the Wallenstein has 2 - which ones do I use?

Thoughts or comments anyone?

Thanks,
Chris.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #4  
I suspect those fittings are the same arrangement as my L39. The large female fitting with the blue cap is the main hydraulic pressure. The smaller female fitting with the red cap is hydraulic pressure for the boom swing. There is a separate swing pump. The male fitting with the white cap is the tank line, it is not a power beyond. The easiest way would be to connect the swing pump to the feeder. There should be separate valves to for enabling the swing pump circuit and routing the main circuit to either the hoe or the three point. Connect the inlet pressure feed for the chipper to the fitting with the red cap and connect the return from the chipper to the fitting with the blue cap.

I use the swing pump circuit on my L39 to power remotes for my snow blower chute swing and hydraulic top link.

Last edited:
   / M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed
Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies, things are definitely becoming more understandable.

@Stonehaller - yeah the color coding on your L39 seems to be exactly the same as the M59 (I've annotated the picture with what my manual says).

Can I not just spin my seat around and use those ports as if I were running the backhoe. Though the directional valve levers need to be in the 3-point hitch position - do they shut off hydraulic flow to those ports?

Thanks,
Chris.

Attachments

• Annotated Hoses.jpg
    Annotated Hoses.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 357
   / M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed
Reading through my manual there is a NOTE in the Hydraulic Unit section:
* When the hydraulic couplers at the right of the tractor are utilized as a hydraulic outlet, swing lever is switched to "with backhoe" position.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #7  
Shoot Charlesaf3 a PM. He has an M59 with a hydraulic feed BX62.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #8  
Hi folks,

@Stonehaller - yeah the color coding on your L39 seems to be exactly the same as the M59 (I've annotated the picture with what my manual says).

Good thing you checked. I mixed up the main supply and return. That's what happens when you do not have the tractor or manual in front of you.

On the L39 there are two separate levers that control independent valves for the swing outlet and the main outlet. I can set the main to go the to three point and the the swing to go to the backhoe which I then connect to my remotes for the top link and chute rotate. If the M59 has the separate operated valves then you should be able to do essentially the same thing by connecting the swing inlet and return to the chipper feed.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #9  
Wow, dual pumps with a dedicated swing pump. That never crossed my mind with my perspective being a BX25. I guess that's an example of what more you get with a commercial TLB vs a BX. Nice.

Sounds like you are on the right track with the additional input from Stonehaller. Maybe post up some pic's once you have it hooked up and running.

/ M-59 and Wallenstein BX-62 Hydraulic Feed #10  
I think when you throw the lever that puts the power to the backhoe rather than the 3pt your going to be dead ending the feed port that you don't have in use. Before you go down this road and do some really expensive damage, I'd get your dealer to plumb this for you.