Buying Advice M-F 1643

/ M-F 1643 #11  
1-4 is just like a manual car. I really like it when I am cutting the field I can speed up on smooth areas and slow down on bad spots with out stopping to change gears.

Just to clairify, with the Powershuttle, you do not need the clutch for 1-4 shifts, just to change ranges?? How sweet. :)

df.

/ M-F 1643 #12  
Just to clairify, with the Powershuttle, you do not need the clutch for 1-4 shifts, just to change ranges?? How sweet. :)

df.

Powershuttle......Forward and Reverse No clutch just low down before shifting shuttle, 1-4 Clutch, and tractor can still be moving, Range Clutch, and tractor has to be stopped.

/ M-F 1643 #13  
I would pull the trigger on the 1643. I love mine. I have a friend that bought a L3400 about 6 month ago and he regrets getting it after seeing and playing around on my 1643.

I guess he had the same feeling I had after driving the l4400. I did not like the engine vibrations, the slippery floor and the hst AND brake pedals on the same side . the 1643 is more of a tractor. By the way my dog is a Labrador also. I do not know when I,ll have mine but I still have my old Oliver.
If you see any problem with your 1643, tell us, we will be aware. Thank you and take care. Roger

/ M-F 1643 #14  
I have to tell you, I've driven a 1635 and nothing else I've tried compares to it. The 1643 must be even nicer with a full 30+ PTO hp. DON'T TEMPT ME!!!!! :thumbsup: :D :)

/ M-F 1643 #15  
I've been looking at the MF 1643 HST with cab, fel, backhoe, snow blower and rake. I also looked at the JD 3520 and the Kubota L3450. Looks like the MF is the better tractor with more HP (engine and PTO) and so far it's the best price. I'll probably order mine tomorrow. The one big issue I have is to go with the front snowblower or the rear.

The pros and cons are:
The rear is much less $$$ but you have to operate backwards.
The front is easier to operate (so I've been told) but then I don't have access to the fel.

What kind of prices are you getting?

Good luck and lettuce know what you decide.

Don

/ M-F 1643 #16  
I've been looking at the MF 1643 HST with cab, fel, backhoe, snow blower and rake. I also looked at the JD 3520 and the Kubota L3450. Looks like the MF is the better tractor with more HP (engine and PTO) and so far it's the best price. I'll probably order mine tomorrow. The one big issue I have is to go with the front snowblower or the rear.

The pros and cons are:
The rear is much less $$$ but you have to operate backwards.
The front is easier to operate (so I've been told) but then I don't have access to the fel.

What kind of prices are you getting?

Good luck and lettuce know what you decide.

Don

Hi,last wednesday for a 1643 HST, industrial tires, 2 rear remotes ,loader, 72 in. HD bucket, paid $28,500 canadian money,( almost like U.S. money.)
For a Kubota l4400 for the same package, it was $500 more. Good luck. On my opinion, the Massey is a lot more equiped and more luxuous, and confortable and the brake are on the left side ,on Kubota HST and brake pedal, are on the same side.......Good luck ,have fun.

/ M-F 1643 #17  
OK guys, I just bit the bullet and ordered:

Massey Ferguson 1643 HST with cab (and radio)
Industrial tires
2nd auxilary hydraulics
FEL w/ 66" HD bucket
66" Rear mount snow blower
7' Landscape rake
and 1580 backhoe w/ 16" HD Bucket.

Looks like it may take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Can't wait !!!

Thanks to everyone at TBN for all your help and valuable info as I researched for my new tractor.

Don.

/ M-F 1643
Well, I test drove a 1635 that my dealer was able to borrow from another dealer this morning. SWEEEEEEET tractor!!! I placed my order for the 1643 with a FEL. Bad news is now I have to wait until early May for it to arrive.

/ M-F 1643 #19  
OK guys, I just bit the bullet and ordered:

Massey Ferguson 1643 HST with cab (and radio)
Industrial tires
2nd auxilary hydraulics
FEL w/ 66" HD bucket
66" Rear mount snow blower
7' Landscape rake
and 1580 backhoe w/ 16" HD Bucket.

Looks like it may take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Can't wait !!!

Thanks to everyone at TBN for all your help and valuable info as I researched for my new tractor.

Don.

Congrats. You will be counting the minutes. Don't forget to show us pics.:)

/ M-F 1643 #20  
Well, I test drove a 1635 that my dealer was able to borrow from another dealer this morning. SWEEEEEEET tractor!!! I placed my order for the 1643 with a FEL. Bad news is now I have to wait until early May for it to arrive.

Same to you:thumbsup: