Loader M.F. 202 Hydraulic system

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #1  

welded

Tractor
Case 480FLL
Hi All
Does anyone know if the hydraulic system on a M.F. 202 is separate from the differential/transmission fluid?
I looked up the differential fluid capacity is at 8 gals. the hydraulic tank is built into the right side pillar with a fill plug next to the hydraulic controls and a lower hose going to the hydraulic pump.
Any Help would be appreciated.
welded

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #2  
Well i can't tell you for sure, but I can tell you that a lot of tractors from that era had a hydraulic reservoir separate from the transmission. My allis Chalmers (made from 1970-1981) is separate. It seems like most gear driven transmissions are usually separate. When they went to this hydrostatic drive it seems like the started putting it altogether. You mf 202 would be like my allis Chalmers in that agco took it over. If you need parts, just like my allis Chalmers I got to go through an agco dealer. I would call an agco dealer and ask them. Hopefully you can get a parts and service guy who is on the ball.

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #3  
The 202 is an industrial tractor and has three hydraulic systems that are independent of each other.

The three point system uses a hydraulic pump mounted in the cast center section of the tractor and shares a common reservoir with he transmission.

The loader / backhoe system uses a front mount hydraulic pump with a reservoir in the right loader frame.

The power steering pump is mounted on the front side of the engine and utilizes an integral reservoir.

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #4  
Good information, Sportsman762.

Did they just randomly pick which side the reservoir was going to be on? Mine is on the left side on my 202. It has a 102 Loader

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #5  
Good information, Sportsman762.

Did they just randomly pick which side the reservoir was going to be on? Mine is on the left side on my 202. It has a 102 Loader
Most I have seen were on the right so that the loader control valve could dump right into them.

Aaron Z

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #6  
Most I have seen were on the right so that the loader control valve could dump right into them.

Aaron Z

My control valve is on the left also. It seems odd to be on the left. So is the filter at the bottom of the reservoir. Maybe the were interchangeable?
Someone went through the trouble years ago to paint the whole tractor MF red. Its flaking off, now you can see the original yellow.

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #7  
All of the MF 202 tractors I have seen have the control valve and reservoir on the right side (when sitting on tractor it is on the right.) What model of loader doe the tractor have?

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #9  
I've seen controls on either side. Not uncommon to have the hydraulic valves on the left. My 99 loader (same design, not as robust) also has controls on the left.

If the hydraulic breather is still on top of the reservoir, you may get lucky. If you pull it out (the lower threaded nut that the breather screws into), there is a dipstick attached to the bottom of it with a chain.

I don't recall how many gallons it takes, been a while since I drained and filled. If you don't have an external filter near the pump, or externally mounted on the reservoir, then you likely just have a stainless mesh filter screen on the inside of the reservoir at the end of the suction line.

/ M.F. 202 Hydraulic system #10  
My control valve is on the left also. It seems odd to be on the left. So is the filter at the bottom of the reservoir. Maybe the were interchangeable?
Someone went through the trouble years ago to paint the whole tractor MF red. Its flaking off, now you can see the original yellow.

My MF40 has I believe an MF100 loader with the valves, reservoir and filter all on the left as well. I thought it a bit odd - believing operating it right-handed and holding the steering with the left would be more natural. That said, the opposite seems more suitable for me ..... being left-handed at most things! :laughing:
Other than that, I can't even suggest a reason why either side is chosen.