M&W PT407H tedder

/ M&W PT407H tedder #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
A farm auction near me in a few weeks will have this unit for sale. it's a one owner bought new. Anyone have one or have any experience with this particular model. Its been stored inside but does have a pro repaired weld.

/ M&W PT407H tedder
Thanks for your reply powerscol. Is M&W made by Kuhn or vise versa? How well does it operate? Heavy enough to stay on the ground and not bounce around? Handle heavy and light hay equally as well? Plenty of adjustments? Parts availability? I have very rolling KY hay ground and normally set up a little high to keep both ends off the ground.

/ M&W PT407H tedder #4  
Thanks for your reply powerscol. Is M&W made by Kuhn or vise versa? How well does it operate? Heavy enough to stay on the ground and not bounce around? Handle heavy and light hay equally as well? Plenty of adjustments? Parts availability? I have very rolling KY hay ground and normally set up a little high to keep both ends off the ground.

I don't think that M&W and Kuhn are related at all. My Kuhn is a 2 basket and very heavy duty. No nothing about the unit you looking at. Perhaps a good internet search is in order.

/ M&W PT407H tedder #5  
I own a M & W 2-basket tedder. Purchased as a scrap heap handyman special and have yet to use it. In retrospect I paid too much for mine relative to the rough condition it is in. The main structure on mine also has some welding but mine was treated very ruff by previous owners.

My guess is M & W is actually a Sitrex manufacturered unit rebranded. Way too light of weight construction to be built by Kuhn or Krone which are top shelf brands. That said they can still do the job on a small operation if treated decently but they are certainly more towards the cheaper end of the hay tools spectrum.

As for pricing: I would say whatever a used Sitrex or Ranch Rite of similar size goes for in your area is a ballpark target for fair price. A Walton would be another cheaper one to consider for a relative pricing comparison as well although some of those Walton's are belt driven instead of gearbox driven so even cheaper construction...

/ M&W PT407H tedder
Thanks rank1 for your reply. Most of the on line equipment websites list similar M&W units between 3k and 3.5K. They tend to be high. I plan to go look at soon. Don't mind doing a little clean up or minor repair if the purchase price is right. Just curious if it works like it should.