M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems.

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #1  

instyle555

Tractor
2013 Kubota M110gx
My 2013 Kubota M110GX shuts down after trying to regen. It shuts the tractor down for 1 hour before restarting and asking for a regen.

Here is the scoop:
3 years ago, during a regen, the idle started to bounce rythmatically between 1500-1700 rpms. When I spoke with the Kubota tech he said, it won't hurt anything...though not normal (at the time the regen would still complete as normal....just the RPMs bounced)

Fast forward to this year after sitting all summer, the first regen of the season (still every 12 hours as normal), after 5 minutes the tractor shut down. I waited 1 hour, started the tractor, took it to Kubota, he hooked up his computer, forced a regen and it worked (though the RPMs still bounced). His computer showed no stored codes.

Now where I stand: every 12 hours I need to take it to him to use his computer to regen. If I attempt a regen on my own it shuts down, regardless of auto or parked regen - it just wont do it with out his computer hooked up. He has changed the enitre computer thinking that was the prob....it wasnt. He has checked every ground, relay, sensor and even the throttle blade. He sent the monitored file off to Japan to look at, and they cant figure it out.

The last time it asked for a regen, the computer was hooked up and we did an AUTO regen while we watched all perimeters. What we watched - everything was fine till 30% regen, at that point Exhaust temp 2 sensor sky rocketed to 850 degrees and shut the tractor down. We waited the hour for temps to cool, FORCED a regen with the computer (laptop)...and it worked.

At this point Kubota is throwing their hands up and saying they have no idea. I cant keep taking it in every 12 hours for a regen. Whats weird is that it will regen just fine when a computer forced regen, but not on its own. KUBOTA JAPAN CANT FIGURE THIS OUT EITHER, they have never seen this type of thing before.

Any help guys?

Last edited:
   / M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems.
IMG_3609.JPG

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #3  
What was the actual confirmed temperature of the exaust?
Sounds like the sensor is likely the problem.

EGT sensor 2 - held a constant 735 degrees for almost a minute one time during a laptop forced regen (which was weird to see a constant temp while everything else fluctuated). The last time we watched it die (using the computer to monitor the auto regen) it stayed below 500, then in within 20 seconds in climbed very fast to 850 and shut down, that was the only time we were able to see the code appear "EGT 2 sensor over heat".

While I agree it is the sensor....why does it bounce the RPM? That was the first question the tech asked me. I am leaning towards...what ever is causing the RPM to bounce...is the problem. I could be wrong.

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #5  
There are some very smart people here. I hope they can help you.

A month ago, I wouldn't have believed today's tractor were computer controlled like our cars. I know all this new age tech makes things miserable to work on them until you drop everything and begin the learning process and spend the money on code devices. Until then, we are at the mercy of these SOB's.

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #6  
There are some very smart people here. I hope they can help you.

A month ago, I wouldn't have believed today's tractor were computer controlled like our cars. I know all this new age tech makes things miserable to work on them until you drop everything and begin the learning process and spend the money on code devices. Until then, we are at the mercy of these SOB's.

Perhaps it is all part of the system design.
With these high tech antipollution systems just think......
If your your tractor will not run....it cannot pollute the air.
It is the perfect anti-pollution solution....not!

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #7  
What happens if it (you) don't do a regen? I have no idea if it can go without or not, I know what I would do if it was my tractor (it would involve a showroom window and some harsh words and probably the police) but I would get satisfaction out of them. Call the EPA (as much as I hate them) and tell them the problem, emissions are for a reason. Is the tractor still under warranty?

Well, if I don't do an auto regen, it will ask me for a parked regan, if I don't do that it will cut power to near idle speed.

As for warranty, this is why I am so involved with the issue... there is a 5 year emissions warranty. I bought it in June of 2013. However the problem started March of 2017, meaning the emissions would still be warrentied...but here we sit with no solution...after warranty expired. The good thing is that the Kubota dealer was informed of this while still under warranty, and it seems to be just getting worse...so here is to hoping.

One more thing worth mentioning...if I allow it to try and auto regen, I bring the RPMs up to 1500, and the light will stay on (indicating regen is happening), but intermittently the light will start blinking as though the regen process has stopped, then 5 seconds later it will stay lit again. Almost like what ever the regen is doing...it is struggling with that.

/ M110gx: You guys may be my last resort: Not even Kubota can fix my problems. #10  
Since they can't seem to fix it any other way:

A> Insist they pay for the tech to come to your location to do the forced process whenever it becomes necessary..
B> Insist they provide you with a computer to force the process yourself like the tech can do.
C> Insist they provide you with a new tractor.

Document everything and contact your State Attorney General.