Backhoe M59 backhoe dismount

/ M59 backhoe dismount #1  

AWM59

Tractor
Kubota M59
I have not received my M59 yet. I would like to here from current owners about detaching the backhoe. What is the best procedure?

/ M59 backhoe dismount #2  
I have a B26 but I am sure they remove the same way. Use the stabilizers to take the weight off so you can pull the pins on each side, then using the stabilizer to raise it up ( you may need to use the bucket also to make sure it comes up level). Drive forward a bit, neutralize backhoe pressures (best to just turn off the engine and cycle everything till it is slack, then unhook the hydraulic lines. ON my B26 I then plug the lines on the tractor back into each other and it is finished. YOUR OEM should explain it fully but it is rather easy. You do need to make sure that the backhoe sits on level ground, not so much to get it off as too make it easy to hook back up.
The hardest part is aligning the tractor back to the hoe when reattaching it.

/ M59 backhoe dismount
Sounds like it should not take to long after doing it a few times.

/ M59 backhoe dismount #4  
Sounds like it should not take to long after doing it a few times.
I can remove my BH in 5 minutes (having done it several times now) but it does take practice to get the pressure off the pins so they slide out easily. If you are planning on using 3pt equipment, the long pole in the tent is getting the 3pt arms installed, take me about 15 minutes to mount them. It takes me about 25 minutes to install the BH since I have to take the 3pt arms off. I run a 3pt chipper quite often, so remove the BH quite often.

/ M59 backhoe dismount
Does it help to keep those top pins lubricated?

/ M59 backhoe dismount #6  
They don't move during operation, just slide in and out for hookup. I would think any grease would just gather dirt and make them harder to remove.

/ M59 backhoe dismount #7  
The other day I was mounting my BH92 hoe and was lined up pretty well, but one of the pins didn't want to go in, even after I made some tiny adjustments to weight on the stabilizers, etc. I sprayed the pin with WD40 and it went in. This was the first time in 2 years that I felt like lubricating the pin would be worthwhile. In general, I agree with Gary F. above not to lube them unless you need to, they do not move and in fact the pins that prevent them from backing out also prevent them rotating. (I assume pins on M59 are same as mine?)

/ M59 backhoe dismount #8  
Does it help to keep those top pins lubricated?

I grease mine every time I put the backhoe back on, the build up is not significant. That helps a lot on removal of mine. I don't have your model but assume they are similar. Any pictures of the M59 pins?

/ M59 backhoe dismount #9  
There was a thread some years back where a person had difficulty the first time removing the pins to take the backhoe off of his M59. Finally ended up taking it back to the dealer where they had to wrestle with it. Apparently the pins were stuck in place with some paint or maybe just too tight of a fit.....I forget which now.

Anyway, his suggestion was to have the dealer show you how to remove/reinstall the backhoe on your own tractor before you take it home.

That makes sense to me - although I confess to not having any experience with doing it myself. It's kind of embarrassing. We bought our M59 back when they first came out , and although it came with the 3pt kit, we've never taken the backhoe off. It's not all that surprising; the JD530 is hard to beat for 3 pt work - much more sophisticated linkage than the fairly basic Kubota 3 pt hitch - and we use the backhoe anyway for one thing or another most every day.

Someday I might dismount and remount the BH just for the fun of seeing how it goes....maybe learn how that Kubota Cat II 3pt really works.....probably should do so....but of course I've been saying that for years.

If you do yours, let us know how it goes.
good luck,
rScotty

/ M59 backhoe dismount
rScotty,

How many Transmission filters does the M59 have. I got the filters and fluids for the 50 hour service but I'm not sure I have it all. I have the engine filter, a suction filter and a HST filter. Is that all the filters?