M7040/8540 vs TN75

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #21  
Stability equates to tread width and common sense and yes, the tread width is adjustable on both the NH and Kubota. The cab should not alter, very much, the stability on hillsides. Most of the weight is below the floor.

As loong as the tread width is adjustable and so is your common sense you should be all right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #22  
Stability equates to tread width and common sense and yes, the tread width is adjustable on both the NH and Kubota. The cab should not alter, very much, the stability on hillsides. Most of the weight is below the floor.

As loong as the tread width is adjustable and so is your common sense you should be all right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #23  
Andy:

Quite honestly, a neighbor who is a contractor has an L3710 and blew apart the rear housing, how, I don't know but Kubota stood good on it and loaned him another tractor while his was down. He recently bought a Kubota excavator so he must be satisfied.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #24  
Andy:

Quite honestly, a neighbor who is a contractor has an L3710 and blew apart the rear housing, how, I don't know but Kubota stood good on it and loaned him another tractor while his was down. He recently bought a Kubota excavator so he must be satisfied.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75
Thanks, it makes sense that the weight is below the cab. Also I am not sure the NH has the skid steer type bucket attachment. The kubota does. Is this a big deal?

Thanks

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75
Thanks, it makes sense that the weight is below the cab. Also I am not sure the NH has the skid steer type bucket attachment. The kubota does. Is this a big deal?

Thanks

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #27  
Sorry to hear about your rollover - I'll bet that was not fun. Hopefully did not damage anything other than maybe your ego a little /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The rollover situation you described could affect any tractors stability as well. If I were you, I would try to mow up and down the hills until you find out where all those "rough" spots are and then you can use your new FEL to fill them in.

I can't really comment on comparitive stability between the two, but I can tell you I use my TN VERY carefully on my property as it is steep in certain areas. I prefer to go up and down rather than across the hills due to my comfort level.

I recently purchased(within the last month) an Acreease mower also, so I can use it to cut the steeper unexplored areas of my property. I'm using an ATV to pull it though so I can jump if necessary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and rollover lessons on an ATV are usaully easier on the pocket. Actually my 6'3" / 260lbs is pretty effective counter weight on my ATV - but not so on my TN.

Set the tires to widest settings on either one you choose and always keep any front or rear attachments as low as possible when working on slopes. Also, do yourself a favor and actually check the steepness of your slopes and explore any additional obstacles and opportunities BEFORE you use your tractor - and remember keep the rubber side down /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regarding the cab - I don't think the weight will make too much difference either, unless you hang too many pairs of fuzzy dice from your rear view mirror /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #28  
Sorry to hear about your rollover - I'll bet that was not fun. Hopefully did not damage anything other than maybe your ego a little /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The rollover situation you described could affect any tractors stability as well. If I were you, I would try to mow up and down the hills until you find out where all those "rough" spots are and then you can use your new FEL to fill them in.

I can't really comment on comparitive stability between the two, but I can tell you I use my TN VERY carefully on my property as it is steep in certain areas. I prefer to go up and down rather than across the hills due to my comfort level.

I recently purchased(within the last month) an Acreease mower also, so I can use it to cut the steeper unexplored areas of my property. I'm using an ATV to pull it though so I can jump if necessary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and rollover lessons on an ATV are usaully easier on the pocket. Actually my 6'3" / 260lbs is pretty effective counter weight on my ATV - but not so on my TN.

Set the tires to widest settings on either one you choose and always keep any front or rear attachments as low as possible when working on slopes. Also, do yourself a favor and actually check the steepness of your slopes and explore any additional obstacles and opportunities BEFORE you use your tractor - and remember keep the rubber side down /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regarding the cab - I don't think the weight will make too much difference either, unless you hang too many pairs of fuzzy dice from your rear view mirror /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks, it makes sense that the weight is below the cab. Also I am not sure the NH has the skid steer type bucket attachment. The kubota does. Is this a big deal?

Thanks )</font>

Yes, NH TN series has a QA skid steer option.
Bob

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks, it makes sense that the weight is below the cab. Also I am not sure the NH has the skid steer type bucket attachment. The kubota does. Is this a big deal?

Thanks )</font>

Yes, NH TN series has a QA skid steer option.
Bob