Loader M7040 can't lift a ton

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #21  
   / M7040 can't lift a ton #22  
Wow! Whats the pressure in those fronts?
larry

I cant remember but it rides smooth while shredding,if going to do alot of loader work may need to add alittle. My Pallet fork are on the 5040,had to use the Hay forks to un-load.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #23  
The M20 is an ALO/Quicke loader that is sold on M series Kubota's in Canada. Up until recently the M's in Canada only had the ALO loaders. They are more expensive and in my opinion an higher quality loader than the LA loader, but depends what you're doing.

They've had softride/ride control, single lever hose disconnect, 3rd and 4th function valves, euro q/a, replaceable bushings at all pivots etc for at least 20 years now.

Mine has an m20 loader, what's the difference? Why two loaders for one tractor model? I only have 1100# bales this year, so that's all I've lifted that I know the weight of.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #24  
"M7040 can't lift a ton"

Oh, it can too ... just not all at once :laughing:

I kid! I kid! :thumbsup: ;)

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #25  
My Kubota M7040 isn't new. It's a 2008 model and I can't afford to take into the dealer. Can you tell me where the valve is located or where I might look and how do I shim it? Don't know if it matters, but tractor also has a cab on it. Any help would really be appreciated.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #26  
IrishCreek what are you trying to lift with your 7040 i have the same tractor mine has the 1153 fel loaded rears cast centers mine will lift the rear of my 3500hd srw off the ground 10 inches it may go more but i put it down at that point it will lift compacted earth 2 feet over the front of the bucket after i dig it lose with no teeth with 6 foot bucket

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #27  
pallets of lumber. Mine used to pick up the rear wheels but doesn't anymore and I'm trying to figure out why. Someone posted about shimming the adjustment valve, but I don't know where the valve is located.

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #28  
Are you using a set of quick attach forks or the clamp on the bucket style?

/ M7040 can't lift a ton #29  
this is an old thread. If an LA1153 loader really is not lifting 2000lbs... something is wrong and shimming the valve is not going to be the proper solution.