m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #111  
I’m all for clean air, water and a better way. Most of us are on the same page. What’s lacking is the net improvement of the tier steps information. Extra fuel and maintenance creates more pollution somewhere. Even electric cars have a tailpipe somewhere. There use to be better accountability. There have been great improvements in fuel formulas to reduce lead and sulfur emissions. Engine fuel efficiency and oil consumption improvements. All well documented, investigated, presented and accepted. Some of new policies are more based on activism change than science based improvements. Corporate farming can shoulder the burden better by economy of scale, lobbyist, and legalese. Smaller operations become “environmentally taxed” at a higher rate which benefits bigger farms. Maybe that’s the goal.
Show me the evidence where under 100hp tractors are still causing significant pollution and how meeting new regulations is improving the environment. Most of us average 1-200hours a year! I can take the medicine if helps me or us be healthier but don’t need drugs to numb my brain.
Sorry for soapboxing on the OP’s topic.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #112  
What was the OP's original question/concern? :eek:

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #113  
My thoughts exactly but much more eloquently stated. I dont get the satisfaction some get out of belching diesel or rolling coal. Even a dog knows not to crap in his own yard.

But they do anyway, so what?

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #114  
No I dont want or do that crap, either. But Im sickened from seeing experienced, hard working people being shamed or bankrupted for buying tier 3 equipment then being force to sell it at a great loss.

I was not aware that was going on, well except for maybe the Left coast. Is that an issue in your area? No jibe or foul intended. Here in the deep rural south surrounded by planted pines and row crops nobody fusses about older equipment, well other than the cost or complexity of replacing it after a well earned retirement.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #115  
I was not aware that was going on, well except for maybe the Left coast. Is that an issue in your area? No jibe or foul intended. Here in the deep rural south surrounded by planted pines and row crops nobody fusses about older equipment, well other than the cost or complexity of replacing it after a well earned retirement.

I'm thinking the same thing. I haven't seen it either. Sort of sounds like a rumor to me. But like you say, no jib or foul intended.

Using older equipment isn't an issue here in the Western states either. Nobody cares. If you want to, just fix it up and use it. That's even true of cars and trucks. They just have to have whatever they originally came with. Many old ones had no pollution controls at all and that's OK too. Now maybe that's not true on the Left coast, but I don't personally know. Some row crop and orchard farmers I do know in California use older tractors - 1970 vintage - and they haven't mentioned any problem.
rScotty

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #116  
I was told tailpipe emissions from automobiles in down 90% from the 1970s.
In my heart, I believe the amount of pollution is down significantly.
ZERO emissions is ridiculous for farm and construction machinery.
Nobody can afford it. The planet WILL survive.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #117  
I was told tailpipe emissions from automobiles in down 90% from the 1970s.
In my heart, I believe the amount of pollution is down significantly.
ZERO emissions is ridiculous for farm and construction machinery.
Nobody can afford it. The planet WILL survive.

Yes, the pollution today is completely different from the choking chemical smog big cities had in 1970's.

Nobody can argue that it's an improvement. Anyone can see, smell, and taste the difference. Look at old photographs. I can remember days we got close enough to see the city and just turned around and went home rather than drive into Denver.

It doesn't make sense to put same level of pollution control on rural tractors.
Maybe it does for construction machinery working in a city.

Still, we had to do something and pretty darn quickly too. The problem was that bad. It was terrible and now it's much improved.
So in spite of the screw-ups we got the important part right. Now we just need to unscrew the parts that didn't work.
rScotty

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #118  
The major source of pollution today is the carbon dioxide emanating from the mouths of do nothing politicians....:laughing:

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #119  

No not in my area yet, but unfortunately CA is all too often the first state to employ these oppressive tactics and then some other states follow. It is revealing to see companies like Tesla and HP and others from California's oppressive regulations and taxes to states much more reasonable and business. These green, high tax politicians dont get it, it doesnt work and it never will.
People have limits to these insane levels of oppressive tactics and they, along with companies, vote with their wallets.
In your " deep rural south " people still pretty much leave each other alone. Im stuck in the middle. My town is basically steeped in traditional old school American values with a LOT of city liberals buying up all the available real estate. Theyre in the process of ruining the schools and local government.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #120  
No not in my area yet, but unfortunately CA is all too often the first state to employ these oppressive tactics and then some other states follow. It is revealing to see companies like Tesla and HP and others from California's oppressive regulations and taxes to states much more reasonable and business. These green, high tax politicians dont get it, it doesnt work and it never will.
People have limits to these insane levels of oppressive tactics and they, along with companies, vote with their wallets.
In your " deep rural south " people still pretty much leave each other alone. Im stuck in the middle. My town is basically steeped in traditional old school American values with a LOT of city liberals buying up all the available real estate. Theyre in the process of ruining the schools and local government.

Whoa.....lets back up a step here. We started by talking about older pre-emissions tractors and field equipment....But do we actually know that California has made laws against using that older tractors & equipment? I haven't heard anything on that.

As for taxes, I did look into that, and frankly for the average guy they don't seem all that high for what people get in return. Especially so compared to where I live. Maybe we ought to ask some Californians, there may be more to this. After all, it's their state. Not mine.

It's a sad thing about today's news and stories being so biased. I don't like to be cynical, but opinions are so emotionally loaded these days that I'm thinking something needs to change. Since it's most probably me who needs to change, I'm going to start right now to put the same effort into forming opinions as expressing them. That just makes common sense. Keep things neutral until I've had time to check into the facts & think about both sides.

Shucks, on this old equipment discussion we haven't yet heard anyone from California weigh in.
For all we know, this whole thing about California not allowing people to use older pre-emissions equipment may just be another social media/political rumor.

rScotty