M7060 Hyd. Toplink

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #1  

pontiacman

I am shopping for a hydraulic top link for a Kubota M7060 and was curious what has worked for others.(size and length)
Thanks,
Scott

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #2  
For my M8540, I just emailed Fit Rite and Brian fixed me right up, I didn't have to measure anything as he has made them for many different tractors.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #3  
I am shopping for a hydraulic top link for a Kubota M7060 and was curious what has worked for others.(size and length)
Thanks,
Scott

Scott, I typically sell a 20 1/4"- 29 1/4" working length for your model of tractor. That's a 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod as seen in the picture.

When shopping, keep in mind that the tractor end is a cat 1 pin size. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 517
   / M7060 Hyd. Toplink #4  
.... When shopping, keep in mind that the tractor end is a cat 1 pin size. ;)

I had that problem when taking the Hyd top link off my old fordson for my new MX5100. The Spacing for the toplink mount on the MX was just over 1.75" but the top link was 2". The spec for cat 1 & 3 top links are 1.75" but the spec for cat 2 is 2" ... Go figure.

I shaved 1/8th off both sides and use a bushing and all is well now.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #5  
I went with Fit Rite on my M6040 and its a perfect fit and works like a dream.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #6  
I had that problem when taking the Hyd top link off my old fordson for my new MX5100. The Spacing for the toplink mount on the MX was just over 1.75" but the top link was 2". The spec for cat 1 & 3 top links are 1.75" but the spec for cat 2 is 2" ... Go figure.

I shaved 1/8th off both sides and use a bushing and all is well now.

Not quite sure where you're getting cat 3 to be 1 3/4" wide?:confused2: All of my cat 3 parts are 2" wide.

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #7  
Not quite sure where you're getting cat 3 to be 1 3/4" wide?:confused2: All of my cat 3 parts are 2" wide.

When I had this problem I went out and found a page that listed the TL ball widths. Just looked at the first one and went from there. So now that you raised the certainty that I was wrong, I did a more thorough search and confirmed I was ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Thanks for correcting my error.:drink:

tl ball width.jpg

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #8  
The hydraulic top link is one of the handiest accessories I have picked up. Not cheap -- mine was around $325 plus connectors,etc. My use is on a MF2660 81 horse tractor, . My hole-to-hole length of the cylinder is 29 1/2 inches when adjusted for use with my bush hog. I ordered mine thru the tractor dealer and do not even know what brand it is. HD is good of course. There are a couple of points that I recommend you check beyond the seller's advice/experience. 1) Measure the minimum you need for pin-to-pin length (fully collapsed.) That puts an upper limit on lifting anything with it but a more subtle thing is that it also sets a maximum on the length stroke you can have with the cylinder. A cylinder can only extend something less than it's length. 2) Get the max you can get in stroke length, limited by your required minimum length. That really sets the limits on flexibility you gain with the hyd top link. My impression is that there are many good ones one the market. There is no rocket science or high tech stuff involved. Just good quality hydraulic cylinders capable of standing the load and your usage. The tougher the better. I have used mine several seasons as top link during bush hogging with a 1460 lb hog and never a problem.
They are really more than handy, I call it necessity, when using a scraper box with teeth -- keeps you from being on and off the seat 20 times per job.

Last edited:
   / M7060 Hyd. Toplink #9  
I built my Kubota setup.

I bought a top link for my Ford.

Not sure of Brian's prices so not going to state anything.

Check Surplus Center (Surplus Center), they have CAT I and CAT II top links.

I use a bushing on my Kubota to convert the tractor end to CAT II. Then I can use it on either tractor.

Easy to convert "up". Impossible to convert "down". :)

/ M7060 Hyd. Toplink #10  
They are really more than handy, I call it necessity, when using a scraper box with teeth -- keeps you from being on and off the seat 20 times per job.

Yep. I use mine just as much carrying my 3pt mounted brush cutter. Works great for drooping down a bank or up against an upward slope. :)