M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for?

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #1  

mbu

Silver Member
Tractor
I have a Kubota M7060 tractor and am curious as to what the electrical pigtails, that are located near the cab's work lights, are used for? In the attached photo the pigtails are located at about 4:00 O'clock. Please note, it is also reflected in the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    685.4 KB · Views: 460
   / M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #2  
I just bought an M7060. I'm curious to know too. Mine is not delivered yet. Is there nothing in the manual about it?

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for?
I just bought an M7060. I'm curious to know too. Mine is not delivered yet. Is there nothing in the manual about it?

No, nothing in the manual. I was thinking for some additional lights but just don't know for sure.

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #4  
Hook a voltmeter to the pigtail. See if it energizes only when you turn the work lites on. If it energizes at key on, then it is for some other accessory such as a safety strobe. If I get a chance I will check mine tomorrow.

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #5  
My pig tail comes from the fuse block and is backed by a 10 amp fuse. I use mine to run a wide beam light to the rear. My pig tail turns on when the key is on.

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #6  
I don't have the same model tractor but on mine one pig tail is work light and the other is directional light/flasher.

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #7  
I see where the European models have a rotating amber light in the left front corner. In the attached video, you can see it at 7:40. I suppose Kubota just wires them all the same for simplicity.

Rolnik Szuka... Traktora - Kubota M76 - Video Dailymotion

Btw, nice options on the non-us models. Tool box mounted on the back, wider front tires, 3pt arm raise/lower handle on the back of the tractor, etc.

HP

/ M7060 - What are the electrical pigtails near the cab's work lights used for? #8  
Theres a similar setup under the fender near the flashers on mine. Manual says it's for using with an implement, but you could use it for anything. I plan on wiring mine into a standard 12V power port and I have a couple of ideas to use it for.