Loader M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder?

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #1  

tflt

Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12, kubota L4300 DT, John Deere X500
UPDATED: M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder?

I'm afraid I bent my curl cylinder(s), I realized my curl function was slow to dump, and then stopped about half way through the dump cycle, (so the bucket would be about flat on the ground). I realized this morning that the chrome piston or compression rod on each cylinder is getting hot leading me to think that they are binding inside the cylinder tube. I swapped the boom lift and curl hoses on the loader control and have the same symptoms. I then freed the cylinders from the lower connection pin near the bucket and extended and retracted the cylinders. The left side cylinder is getting hung up about half way through the cycle, as well as retracting slowly, and becoming hung up until the right side cylinder is fully retracted, then the left cylinder fully retracts. The right side chrome rod is also quite hot after a few cycles. I'm seeking advise on my diagnoses and options for repair.

Updated: I extended the curl cylinders all the way while reassembled to the loader arms and was able to clearly see the chrome rods bowed. (see pic)

Thank you for any help,

Patrick

Attachments

• bent.jpg
    bent.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
   / M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #2  
If I'm understanding, when you use the loader, the loader hydraulics get warm/hot.

Mine get warm/hot because the machine is using hot hydraulic fluid to move them in and out.

You may having something else going on. Maybe a seal issue.

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #3  
Oh, yes. That's not good.

I would order the parts online, and have a competent local hydraulic shop OR Kubota dealer and repair the cylinder. Just remove the cylinder, and give them the parts. They can even pressure test it, and cycle it.

Take the loader off so you can still use the machine.

A lot easier than taking the whole machine down the road...

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #5  
I would guess you are going to attempt to bend the rods back straight. Weather conditions will not let HughesNet to download your link.

The important thing here - do you know what you did to cause the bends.

REMEMBER - your M7060 is a TRACTOR, not a bull dozer.

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder?
I would guess you are going to attempt to bend the rods back straight. Weather conditions will not let HughesNet to download your link.

The important thing here - do you know what you did to cause the bends.

REMEMBER - your M7060 is a TRACTOR, not a bull dozer.

I had a brain fart and back dragged my grapple with the curl cylinders fully extended, I did not realize what happened until shortly later. Not my best moment, but thankfully not my worst either!

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #7  
Tough lesson. I back drag with my grapple all the time. Mine is a Land Pride SGC1560 - 60" wide - 820 pounds. Gather up limbs and break up soil after I disked.

I curl the grapple just enough so the top tines will JUST contact the ground. The curl cylinder are ALWAYS less than half extended.

I NEVER put any down pressure during this operation. Just allow the grapple to float on the ground. Down pressure will certainly bust the dirt clods better but there is alway the risk of tweaking the curl cylinders with down pressure.

View attachment 616608

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #8  
remove the cylinders and take them to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop and let them rebuild them. Whatever you did, don't do it again.:)

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #9  
If you have KTAC insurance just call and file a claim and let your dealer handle the repairs for you. Good luck.

/ M7060hdc12 Bent Curl Cylinder? #10  
Why can't they make them out of some sort of spring steel?