M9540 Bogging Down

/ M9540 Bogging Down #31  
I might add that the pass rate on Kubota spin on fuel filters is 80 micron, while the pass rate on the Racor filters is 30 micron with options down to 2 micron if you want it.

/ M9540 Bogging Down #32  
Sounds like it's Racor time to me. Then, no matter how much junk you get in the fuiel tank, none of it ever gets to the primary filter or the sediment bowl.

Did a thread under Kubota owning and operating on it. Easy to install and filter 10 times better than the Kubota spin on filters.

You also have the fuel tank fill port screen to keep out the big stuff.

/ M9540 Bogging Down #33  
You also have the fuel tank fill port screen to keep out the big stuff.
In my case that is 100% correct but with the OP, it may not be. I do everything I can to prevent fuel contamination. I was somewhat amazed at how much 'trash' winds up in the filler neck strainer, trash that would be suspended in the fuel tanks and eventually wind up in the filters and/or plugging the many routes the fuel takes on it's way to the injection pump.

I'd say the addition of the Racor style polishing unit and the filler port strainer has eliminated 99% of any potential issues. My issue with diesel today is where it's coming from it's quality.

/ M9540 Bogging Down #34  
I might add that the pass rate on Kubota spin on fuel filters is 80 micron, while the pass rate on the Racor filters is 30 micron with options down to 2 micron if you want it.
I know that you really hate FACTS and TRUTH, but Kubota's HH166-43560 fuel filter is listed by Kubota as being a 20-micron filter. Just as a refresher, HH166-43560 is the spin-on fuel filter used on 198 models, including the M9000.