M9540

/ M9540 #1  

MIKE_D

Bronze Member
I just traded up to the M9540. My question is this. When driving around I get this major vibration. It does not last very long and then it goes away. It almost seems like the tractor finds its resonance. This happens at different times. I cannot pinpoint the cause. All of the cab mounts are at proper torque, wheels are at correct torque and tires are at correct pressure. Trans is tight, everything checks out. I'm stumped. Is this common with the 4WD tractors, this is my first. Tractor has 5 hours on the clock.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/ M9540
Sorry I should have mentioned, this happens in 2WD and 4WD. I don't think it is mechanical.

/ M9540 #4  
does this happen at a certain rpm range? ive noticed on my tractor some vibration if i'm running it at 1100-1200 rpm's but once i go above or below that the vibration is gone.

/ M9540
This does happen a lower ground speed. It feels like the cab is coming apart.

/ M9540 #6  
i think its just the vibration of the motor youre feeling. just bump up the throttle a little bit, or take it down some and it goes away. i'm no diesel expert but it seems like all diesel engines ive been around have their own "sweet spots" they like to run in. mine seems to hate 1000-1200 rpms, but anything above or below that it runs smooth.

/ M9540
It's not the engine. This thing runs as smooth as silk. This is the best way I can explain it. It feels like the rear lugs are loose. (torque is correct) One second everything is smooth, then for a few seconds very coarse vibration, then back to smooth.

It is driving me crazy.
I am going to start hay soon, I hope this is not "normal"

/ M9540 #8  
oh i see what you mean now i think. are you saying the rear tires are causing the vibration?

/ M9540
Possibly, but why would the vibration come and go. If it was the tires causing the problem, wouldn't the vibration be constant.

/ M9540 #10  
Mike did you try increasing your traveling RPM's? Sometimes on the bigger tractors HST can duplicate a shudder type vibration if the rpm's are too low while you traveling around the yard. Also check your hydro fluid level.

Hope your hay stays dry...:)