Machu Picchu

/ Machu Picchu #71  
A friend and I are thinking of going to Machu Picchu in July.

We've been looking into it and I'm getting confused. Has anybody been there?

Where does the train go to? and where does the 4 day hike take you if you don't take the train? Is there more then one place?

Thanks,

Eddie

Hey Eddie....I just came across this in NY Daily News...This is not you and your friend is it.....in Machu Picchu :confused3:;)

Machu Picchu streaking epidemic irks officials in Peru

/ Machu Picchu
Long way to travel just to run around the grass naked. Not my thing and I'm glad it didn't happen when I was there, but to each their own. One thing that I've noticed since going there is other people who go there. Before I went, I only knew of a place up in the mountains of Peru and could never remember that name of it. LOL

Eddie

/ Machu Picchu #73  
Long way to travel just to run around the grass naked. Not my thing and I'm glad it didn't happen when I was there, but to each their own. One thing that I've noticed since going there is other people who go there. Before I went, I only knew of a place up in the mountains of Peru and could never remember that name of it. LOL

Eddie

LOL - I thought you'd like to see that...since maybe you recognize that exact location....I had never heard of Machu Picchu until you posted you were going there...

/ Machu Picchu
Altitude wasn't that high there. I think it was around 8,000 feet. At Cuzco, it was ten thousand feet and we went up another thousand feet to see some of the ruins there and on the way to the Sacred Valley.

They did a really nice job of keeping the grass green and mowed. I have an idea where they pics where taken, but it could have been in several spots. The security guards where all over the place, but all I ever saw them do is to make sure you walked in the right direction. They wanted to follow the trails one way. Otherwise, you could pretty much do what you wanted.

Eddie