Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review

/ Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review #11  
Thanks and great review! Now, because they all appear to be in the same class, we need to put the Mackissic, Jinma and DR reviews side by side.

I've read them all and I still can't make my mind up between the Mackissic or Jinma?

/ Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review #12  
The Jinma is self-feed and handles 6" material. If I had the tractor to handle it, that's the one I'd be looking at. However the Mackissic will run off my tractor so......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit: There is a used Mackissic in Michigan on eBay right now.
Look here

/ Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Jinma is self-feed and handles 6" material. If I had the tractor to handle it, that's the one I'd be looking at. )</font>

I decided against the Jinma because of it's size and it's lack of a shredder. I actually wanted a smaller footprint, a tighter package and for me the shredder turns out to be even more useful and important than I'd thought. But these are personal choices.

The reason I say this is I'm not sure they really are comparable. They are very different machines.

Cliff

/ Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review #14  
Cliff,

Is the weight of the Mackissic really less than 300lb.?

And, of course, I've thought of yet another aspect of the review I'd forgotten. There are Mackissic dealers all over the place. I can get parts and service at
four places within 10 miles of my house.

It is a fairly simple and very firmly built machine, so I doubt I'd use a service center, but like many other things, it's nice to know they are there.

It's also possible for one person -- with care and a tractor FEL -- to load the chipper on the back of a pickup and chain it down.

On a different note, the chipper blade bolts use red Loctite. That means you need to heat the bolts with a propane torch to remove then. Pretty easy once you do it, but I'd never done that before, so that was an adventure.

I keep thinking of other aspects of the review.

Cliff

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is the weight of the Mackissic really less than 300lb.? )</font>

I was writing my last post while you were posting.

Yes, that's one of the reasons I like it. I sure can't pick it up, but I can get it on and off my pickup with a little help from the FEL. It's portable (with effort).

Cliff

/ Mackissic PTO Chipper/shredder review #17  
You just keep on thinking, we all benefit!

Thanks!

OK, took some pictures that might be of interest.

First of three is the chipper/shredder itself newly washed.

Cliff

Attachments

• 708383-merrymac1.jpg
    708383-merrymac1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 662
Second picture is of the chips themselves.

Cliff

Attachments

• 708384-chips.jpg
    708384-chips.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 517
Last one is of the push stick I made to get that last bit of wood down the chippers throat. It's about 18" long. 2X4's attached to a 1X4 shaped for a handle. A self feeding chipper wouldn't have this problem.

Cliff

Attachments

• 708386-chipperclub.jpg
    708386-chipperclub.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 421