Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #1  

FullBucket

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2350
Was cooking under my Tilley style hat yesterday and thought up a quick fix for shade. Thought some of my 'bota brothers might benefit from this "half-baked" idea :). Parts list: two quick clamps, scrap of half inch foam sheet, to scrap pieces of strapping for support and a couple of pieces of duct tape to hold the front edge. I'm sure anything from cardboard to cloth could substitute for the foam. Just in case the style police are nervous, I'm only advocating this as a temporary fix. Any permanent solution will be suitably Kubota orange and structuraly elegant :D.

Sorry about the sideways image. Hope this helps others out there to hide from the sun in heat spells.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 213
   / Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #2  
Now that there is some nice redneck thinking - particularly with the duct tape.

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #3  
That should be extra cool since it's insulated!

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #4  
A sun shade is an example of something simple & essential. Goes all the way back in history to cave dwellers holding up big leaves, I'll bet. Doesn't matter what it is made of or how much duct tape is required; as long as it is orange it will be jest fine.

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #5  
Froglick, Ya stole my thought! That post should have been under the "Ya might be a redneck" thread!!! But, are there rednecks in Ottawa, Ontario??

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #6  
The pink foam is kinda girly, couldn't find any of the blue stuff?:D

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #7  
Red Green would be soooo proud!

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #8  
Better solution - air conditioned cab. I live where it doesn't usually get real hot but the air conditioned cab is hard to beat, and it does a pretty good job of keeping pollen and dust out.
Left-front-Kubota-driveway.jpg

/ Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #9  
I know mine is redneck but I believe you've beat me.:D 1 1/2" PVC, stainless steel brackets and a cloth window shade bought at a yardsale in Florence, SC on my return home for $3.00 for 5 shades. Plus zip ties to hold it on.

Attachments

• P1050579.jpg
    P1050579.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0387.JPG
    100_0387.JPG
    841.5 KB · Views: 129
  • P1050586.jpg
    P1050586.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 107
   / Mad Dogs and Kubota Owners in the mid-day sun #10  
Better solution - air conditioned cab. I live where it doesn't usually get real hot but the air conditioned cab is hard to beat, and it does a pretty good job of keeping pollen and dust out.

The difference in cost with the OP's solution (elegant by the way) and a much larger tractor w/ cab and A/C will lighten the wallet.

I think JohnThomas's PVC frame combined with the clamps and ducttape foam would also be great.