Made in China

/ Made in China #61  
All tractors have pieces and parts which are made different places in the world. I have been a Mahindra dealer now for over 6 years, and at some point in my first couple of years with Mahindra, a gentleman stopped by the shop, and said he was an engineer for a company named Gleason in Rochester, NY. Rochester is only 25 miles from me. He said he saw the Mahindra tractors and had to stop by. He then told me that Gleason has produced gears for Mahindra for years and years. So you can see that it has worked both ways. I too am not crazy about this global economy, but it is here and we need to make the best of it. And we need our government to make trade agreements that are fair to us as well as our forein trade partners.

/ Made in China #62  
Well folks looks like I will be a Mihandra member. I should have mine delivered next week. Will keep you posted.

/ Made in China #63  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
All tractors have pieces and parts which are made different places in the world. I have been a Mahindra dealer now for over 6 years, and at some point in my first couple of years with Mahindra, a gentleman stopped by the shop, and said he was an engineer for a company named Gleason in Rochester, NY. Rochester is only 25 miles from me. He said he saw the Mahindra tractors and had to stop by. He then told me that Gleason has produced gears for Mahindra for years and years. So you can see that it has worked both ways. I too am not crazy about this global economy, but it is here and we need to make the best of it. And we need our government to make trade agreements that are fair to us as well as our forein trade partners.

I'd doubt you'll ever see free trade between us & china. We owe them too much money and they have so much influence over us. It's probably too late.

/ Made in China #64  
Builder said:
I'd doubt you'll ever see free trade between us & china. We owe them too much money and they have so much influence over us. It's probably too late.

Does this mean that all hope is lost and we should just through in the towel?:confused:

/ Made in China #65  
MtnViewRanch said:
Does this mean that all hope is lost and we should just through in the towel?:confused:

No, I wouldn't throw in the towel, but I'm realistic enough to know that China's goal is to displace the US as THE world superpower and giving the US any breaks on free trade flies in the face of their program of world dominance. I think it's too late and the pendulum has swung so far in their favor and we owe them so much.

We can continue to persue a level playing field, but we're talking about China here, not Denmark.

/ Made in China #66  
Builder said:

I'm a little curious on this point. What do we owe them?

/ Made in China #67  
From the China Currency Coalition Web Site
As reported in Tables lA, 1B, and 2, from June 2005 to June 2006, credit held by
foreigners increased $915 billion, from $6.86 trillion to $7.78 trillion. China and Japan
accounted for $187 billion, or 20 percent of this increase, while 109 other entities also
increased their holdings of
U.S. debt, and 35 entities divested part of their holdings.
CHINA CURRENCY COALITION
WASHINGTON, D.C.
www.chinacurencycoalition.org

/ Made in China #68  
Builder has made a lot of good points here that we should all keep in mind. If the current trend continues, they are going to own us. What happens if all the foreign owners of our debt decide to call it all in?
Don't forget, China is a Communist country with nukes.

/ Made in China #69  
Coolnslo said:
Builder has made a lot of good points here that we should all keep in mind. If the current trend continues, they are going to own us. What happens if all the foreign owners of our debt decide to call it all in?
Don't forget, China is a Communist country with nukes.

Thanks. They already own us. We're already funding wars & debt with Chinese money. Some people tend to think it's just a joke or that you're some kind of racist for thinking this way, but I see it differently. We can all sit around, pat ourselves on the backs and tell each other we're all great while the likes of China, India, etc. just blow past us in industry, technology and controlling debt.

I know political discussion is not allowed, so I'll just say that we should vote all these idiots out of office and really need to start rebuilding this country and the fundamentals it was founded on-'nuff said.

/ Made in China #70  
Steering back on topic.... We have discussed this at length here with some pretty stout opinions, but what about Kubota's announcement that they will import a lower costing compact from Thailand for 2009? It appears that the main focus of these will be Thailand and Japan, but they do intend to bring them to North America and Europe as well. If we talk about this in the Kubota section will they be the punching bag that Mahindra has been over this? I know nothing about the Thailand exports compared to China and maybe they don't compare, but they are making the same move Mahindra is in trying to bring a lower cost machine in for the guy that only cares about price.