MADE IN USA

/ MADE IN USA #11  
Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.

The Ram is built at Saltillo, Mexico and Warren, Michigan. I just bought a new RAM 1500 with an 8 speed transmission and a Hemi engine. The window sticker noted that 67% content was from U.S./Canada, 22% from Mexico. It also noted the engine originated from Mexico and the transmission from Germany. My truck was built in Warren, Michigan. I read that Chrysler has a plant in Kokomo coming online that will be producing the eight speed transmissions and a plant in N.C. for the new nine speed.

With GM trucks, if the first number in the VIN is a 3, the truck was built in Mexico, 1 indicates a US built truck.

I also have two Tahoes both built in Texas, but I don't have the window stickers any more so I don't know where the content came from but I remember the engines originated from Mexico.

I am a little confused why they consider it a "Dodge Ram" still. I am not a corporate attorney or anything, and I don't understand how the whole "Ram" being it's own manufacturer (not affiliated with dodge anymore) works. Are they still really under the Chrysler name, and not Fiat? Also, where do the Dakota's fall in all of this?

RAM became its own name plate under Chrysler just like Buick is a name plate under GM.

/ MADE IN USA
In my earlier years, perhaps like some others, I went through my phase of owning Audis and BMWs, albeit their cheapest models.
All with manual trans. Then I went (North?) American and never went back. Well, at least they were built here. That's likely to be as good as it gets for many cars in the future. At least the jobs stay here.

/ MADE IN USA #13  
Our 2001 Chevrolet Silverado was assembled in Mexico. I didn;t even know this until my Title came in the mail. BTW, we bought it new for my Wife.

/ MADE IN USA #14  
Our 2001 Chevrolet Silverado was assembled in Mexico. I didn;t even know this until my Title came in the mail. BTW, we bought it new for my Wife.

Mine too......the alarm bells are in Spanish......took some getting use to!:laughing:

/ MADE IN USA #15  
Funny it lists Dodge Ram and GM pick-up as US built when I have read over and over that for both the majority come from assembly plants in Mexico. I have read in several auto sources that the GM crew cab 1/2 tons were all from Mexico. Yet they both get top scores under assembly. I also ready that the engines in the GM's trucks from Mexico were made in Mexico.

My 2012 chevy crew was made in the states, Flint Michigan. The window sticker had domestic vs foreign parts content, and the majority was domestic .

/ MADE IN USA #16  
Lists like this really are too generic to capture the real picture. It assumes that there's only one plant or if there are multiple plants they are all either inside or out of the US. Plus it doesn't go into depth as to where the parts come from. There's a lot more than an engine, tranny, and body. Finally just because a company is foreign owned doesn't mean that they sent all the profits back to the HQ. On top of that there's the costs of equipping a factory and running it. Trying to put a simple number to something as complex as how many US jobs it creates and how much of the profits stay in the US is kind of a joke.